Need Help- need OEM 06 left sided fairing pieces- b/w - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Nick
  • 1 Post By Samantha750

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Drill baby, DRILL!!!

Motorcycle: '05 GSX-R1000
Garage
Need Help- need OEM 06 left sided fairing pieces- b/w

Hi all, I recovering from my crash.

I've found a K6 Liter abot 2 hours from me:
- just under 15K miles
-Full Yoshi system w/ ECU flash
- Nearly all mint like mine was,
EXCEPT- it got some scrapes on the left side of the fairings- the mid ones.

I've tried over an hour to upload the pics, giving up.

Can I get an OEM, new or used left fairing for this bike in blue White? I'm thinking that would be over a grand.

He wants over 5K US for it, and it wold be worth it to me except for that left faring scratch.

Can I get this, where, abo0ut how much, etc.

TIA- I'm emotional and love you all, I still have the 7 different fractures in my ribs and spine and left shoulder blade. I don't pretnd to be tough, but I'm hanging in there and making it, by the grace of God.

Please help with my questions about the left fairings, the rest of the bike is mint basically.

Thanks,
Todd

PS- If I get this I wouldn't even attempt to ride it for at least 2 more months btw.

K5 R1000- frame/body mostly totalled as of 5/7/17
Engine still runs and no fluid leaks-
Being sold for salvage by State Farm-
They said their estimate at auction is $1406
Payout about $5200 - $500 deductable, and they'll give my 100% for a few add ons like my Q3's, Sena headset, helmet, brakelines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Both OG&I admitted we were wrong on 5/13/15

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM
Re: Need Help- need OEM 06 left sided fairing pieces- b/w

5K US? You're in the US so why would it be anything else? Is the bike in Canada?

As for the fairing Ebay, Craigslist and/or OEM distributors like Ronayers, etc.

Last edited by Samantha750; 05-17-2017 at 08:15 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:45 PM

Not 100% sure if this piece is what you are looking for but this is the side fairing, OEM, blue, new for $265.99. This is for the piece that has the R on it. Back to the US dollar question I asked, if it's a Canadian bike that is not a US imported then you may not want to buy it. For whatever reason Canadian bikes cannot change between miles and kilometers. It will be in kilometers only and temperature will be Celsius. Even if it could be changed it will not change C to F just as US bikes can change miles to kilometers but temperature will remain in F so a new cluster would be needed unless you are OK with metric.

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SIDE COWLING

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Note til mig selv: Ingen her kender dig, de er ikke din ven, du er ikke deres ven, bare hjælpe når du kan og udføre dine ansvar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GSX-R750- built by a man, piloted by a woman.

Last edited by Samantha750; 05-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

$5k is too much for anything less than all mint with those miles. It should have closer to 10k-12k miles for that condition and price.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:51 PM
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to me.

Motorcycle: Blue 2006 GSX-R1000

Re. changing between °C and °F. I had an exchange of emails with bluegauges a couple years ago where IIRC he claimed to be able to do that. But Canada isn't 2 hours away from Franklin so this may be irrelevant.

"it got some scrapes on the left side of the fairings" Some incidental in & out of a truck scratches or has it been dropped?

Your pics seem to have expired but I thought that you crashed on the right side. Am I mistaken or was the left also torn up?

Is the wife OK with this?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Drill baby, DRILL!!!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
5K US? You're in the US so why would it be anything else? Is the bike in Canada?

As for the fairing Ebay, Craigslist and/or OEM distributors like Ronayers, etc.
Thanks Sam, I hope you don't mind I call you that, as I you you are a woman Samatha.
I don't know why I put US I guess 'cause I know we're all not in the USA.
It's registered and ridden in Chicago area Ill.- he is an Audi salesman North of Chicago- not too far from me.
I'm sure it's all in MIles/Fahrenheit, etc.

Quote:
Not 100% sure if this piece is what you are looking for but this is the side fairing, OEM, blue, new for $265.99. This is for the piece that has the R on it. Back to the US dollar question I asked, if it's a Canadian bike that is not a US imported then you may not want to buy it. For whatever reason Canadian bikes cannot change between miles and kilometers. It will be in kilometers only and temperature will be Celsius. Even if it could be changed it will not change C to F just as US bikes can change miles to kilometers but temperature will remain in F so a new cluster would be needed unless you are OK with metric.

2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SIDE COWLING
Thank you for those links to parts sources, etc. That's what I needed- I've never had to buy anything like this yet. While it's cosmetic, I'd want to return it to mint quality plastics everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Nick View Post
$5k is too much for anything less than all mint with those miles. It should have closer to 10k-12k miles for that condition and price.
Thanks Nick, I will keep looking near me for that, but this was by far the best I could find in what I wanted, and it's still under 15K miles. He has it currently listed at $5750, and as much I wold want this bike if it runs right like mine did (and my engine still does btw!)- I couldn't pay that for the stratched left fairings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
Re. changing between °C and °F. I had an exchange of emails with bluegauges a couple years ago where IIRC he claimed to be able to do that. But Canada isn't 2 hours away from Franklin so this may be irrelevant.

"it got some scrapes on the left side of the fairings" Some incidental in & out of a truck scratches or has it been dropped?

Your pics seem to have expired but I thought that you crashed on the right side. Am I mistaken or was the left also torn up?

Is the wife OK with this?
Thanks Bill, was hoping you'd chime in too! It looks like it's been down on the left side and slide on the ground some. I'll try again and load all the pictures he sent me.

If you were referring to my bike, my left side and top are totaled wasted- I couldn't re-use any of those if that's what you were referring to.

I'll call him back again today about his asking price, etc.
My basic question was: Could I find OEM and/or mint condition plastic pieces to replace these left sided ones, and about hos much, Sam and others answered this.

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm trying to correct many typos, it's still very hard for me to even type.

And Bil,- No my wife is probably definitely NOT oK with this. We have been married for over 22 years, and still have a really nice marriage. She has already overheard some of my searchs, and kinda knows I want a bike again.

K5 R1000- frame/body mostly totalled as of 5/7/17
Engine still runs and no fluid leaks-
Being sold for salvage by State Farm-
They said their estimate at auction is $1406
Payout about $5200 - $500 deductable, and they'll give my 100% for a few add ons like my Q3's, Sena headset, helmet, brakelines
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Drill baby, DRILL!!!

Garage

https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/mess...k4RP4Uk-&mailb

If the zip file loads, I think the pic is abot halfwazy down ending in ....54.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

To give you an idea, mine was pretty much mint (minus a 1/2" scratch on the fender) with 10k miles. I paid $5,500.
Todd_Sails likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Sails View Post
Thanks Sam, I hope you don't mind I call you that, as I you you are a woman Samatha.
I don't know why I put US I guess 'cause I know we're all not in the USA.
It's registered and ridden in Chicago area Ill.- he is an Audi salesman North of Chicago- not too far from me.
I'm sure it's all in MIles/Fahrenheit, etc.
Samantha, Sammie, Sam, they're all good. For whatever reason (I'm old) I thought you had said somewhere that you were looking at a K5/6 for $6500 which if Candian dollars works out to be just under $5,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Sails View Post
Thank you for those links to parts sources, etc. That's what I needed- I've never had to buy anything like this yet. While it's cosmetic, I'd want to return it to mint quality plastics everywhere.
With your injuries and I'm guessing pain meds, I can't comment on your state of mind or how clearly you are thinking. If/when you go to look at the bike, you go over EVERYTHING and anything that needs to be done/replaced like chain/sprockets, check tire dates to see if they need replacing (5 years from manufacture), color of brake fluid, brake pad wear and/or grooves in the discs, ask about the 2 recalls on this model (extra inconvenience on your part if you have to haul it in) and of course the scratched fairing ($266.00 + S&H) and use this to negotiate the price. Most buyers ask higher than they expect to get, negotiate and get their real asking price and if buyer just says "I'll take it" then "yippee!! I got my asking price!" or the buyer can pat himself on the back and say "yes, I got $500 off the asking price, I'm the KING". So without going and inspecting the bike, you can knock $300+ off the asking price. Be glad it's not the lower fairing as that is $630.
Todd_Sails likes this.

Note til mig selv: Ingen her kender dig, de er ikke din ven, du er ikke deres ven, bare hjælpe når du kan og udføre dine ansvar.

GSX-R750- built by a man, piloted by a woman.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Drill baby, DRILL!!!

Garage

Quote:
Samantha, Sammie, Sam, they're all good. For whatever reason (I'm old) I thought you had said somewhere that you were looking at a K5/6 for $6500 which if Candian dollars works out to be just under $5,000.

Oh Sam, no problem on the US/Canada thingy- I'm not that far from
there anyways really.

Injuries yes- funny how the only one that has been the worst, is my RIGHT cervical Radiculpathy (nerve inpingement pain) in my right arm. 4 days ago I wasable to get an epidural injestion near my C6 right sided nerve route- which has about a 50% chance of helping, and often after 2 weeks.- Which can also kinda 'heal' intself in that time too with a little luck.
The right arm pain has really improved since be it the injection, luck, or both ;-).
As far as the pain meds- I'm probably more stubborn than tough- but I'm only using any true narcotics at night- which is going well also. I just take Ibuprofen, AND, I prescribed myself some Prednisone I'm taking in the mornings to help reduce swelling around the apparently pinched nerve on the Right side.( For those that know about taking prednisone, I'll be tapering that off soon too)
- Funny how it's my LEFT side that has the shoulder blade (scapula) in 4 big pieces, with 3 ribs broken on the left, and only one on the right.
Then there is the Transverse processes (side tabs) or the right thoracic T1 and T8 shattered too.
I really dodged a bullet when my left 7th rib, and my right 7th rib are both broken all the way off right off my spine also- yet some higher power (and the gear I had on on), spared me from being paralyzed from the waist down for life- talk about dodging an atom bomb!

With your injuries and I'm guessing pain meds, I can't comment on your state of mind or how clearly you are thinking. If/when you go to look at the bike, you go over EVERYTHING and anything that needs to be done/replaced like chain/sprockets, check tire dates to see if they need replacing (5 years from manufacture), color of brake fluid, brake pad wear and/or grooves in the discs, ask about the 2 recalls on this model (extra inconvenience on your part if you have to haul it in) and of course the scratched fairing ($266.00 + S&H) and use this to negotiate the price. Most buyers ask higher than they expect to get, negotiate and get their real asking price and if buyer just says "I'll take it" then "yippee!! I got my asking price!" or the buyer can pat himself on the back and say "yes, I got $500 off the asking price, I'm the KING". So without going and inspecting the bike, you can knock $300+ off the asking price. Be glad it's not the lower fairing as that is $630.
I agree with all you say here of course as well.

Trouble for me is, he's an Audi Salesman, and wants his markups and always goes for the higher sales too.

IN light of all you mentioned- If I'm not happy, despite driving over 2 hours to see/hear it, I'll walk for sure. Eventually, while few and far between, they'll be others.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Drill baby, DRILL!!!

Garage

I had wrote the last post last night, just uploaded this morning.

Doing even way better today- nerve pain in right arm is barely even there, etc.

NO narcs this morning, just some ibuprofen, claritin- allergies, etc.
Thank you lord that I am able to deal well with these other injuries, and getting better with the PTSD of a bad accident.

Thank you all for your concerns and excellent feedback, etc.

God Bless this family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode