Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need fairings

6K views 59 replies 15 participants last post by  Anthony D 
#1 ·
Sadly :( Rather not talk about it.

That said, I've seen many many youtube videos and pictures to prove that the chinese fairings, look and fit great. So I'd like to go that route. I was doing some research and found a few places, summitfairings for one, yet they charge 100 bucks for shipping while everyone else mostly, doesn't.

There are plenty of chinese ebay adds, but none really give me the sense of confidence to order, then I found auctmarts and read the horror story here someone had, yet they are the lowest at 380 bucks including all new hardware/bolts and shipping.

Any other recommendations ?

Thanks

#2 ·
Buy used fairings. Chinese fairings don't do well with time and by wasting $400 on them, you're going to realize that they're going to look like shit within a year or two. Maybe if you can find a set made of the same material as the OEM fairings.

#3 ·
Auctmarts is under new management IIRC and are reached out to the member and offered a second set of plastics for free. A step in the right direction at least. Other than that, the info is out there, just have to look and make a decision based off of what you find. At the end of the day, they are still cheap, chinese plastics :dunno

#16 ·
MY plastics are near perfect, but this Flea Bay Ad makes me want to buy some anyways!

#6 ·
Pretty much every chinese fairing video I see, people love them, cyclecruza youtube dude took his brand new cbr1000 and took the oem's off to preserve them and replaced with chinese ones, which he swears by. It's been many years I think since and they still look flawless.

I could see if OEM wasn't that expensive, but shit, its something like 2-3k, #@$@ that!

#8 ·
Well lets see how things go, even though this forum was very against Auctmarts, I went with them, maybe the new management will prove to us they are back to ensuring quality and customer service.

I ordered this set from you guys
Suzuki GSX-R 1000 2005-2006 Fairing P/N 2e10 - 2005-2006 - GSX-R1000 - Suzuki - Fairing Kits

I just received an email for a paint chip, not sure exactly what that means, but how many 2006 gsxr 1000 grey colors did Suzuki make during that year?

does anyone know the paint code possibly?
picture for reference

*ignore the helmet lol wasnt mine*

I mean it doesn't need to match exactly, the picture they show looks like it would be ok.. ?? Agree?

Thanks

#10 ·
auctmarts!!!! what in the world, its been over a week and I have heard NOTHING about shipping or anything yet.

I wouldn't mind, but I've been emailing you guys every other day to just get a status update and NOTHING.

Please show myself and the rest of the community you are indeed under new management and got your act together. I'd hate to pull my order,

#13 ·
I did not know you painted per order, either way this is why I have a small email chain with you guys. Two days ago I emailed you a status update looking for this information.

I'd rather use email then this public forum for now.
If you could please.

Thanks

#18 ·
Oh I know, done a ton of research. About 3-4 weeks from the time of ordering.

The reason I'm inquiring now, I know it takes about 3 weeks to ship, its been 8 days since I ordered and I have heard nothing. I've emailed a few times now, just wondering the process and what not and have heard nothing.

But they emailed me now and replied on this post, so all is good as of now.

Thanks

#19 ·
"All good." See you in three-four months, when they arrive. Auctmarts up to their same old shenanigans. At this point I doubt I'd even buy them, even if they offered them to me for $99.

Reactions: oldgixxer
#23 ·
"I just received an email for a paint chip, not sure exactly what that means, but how many 2006 gsxr 1000 grey colors did Suzuki make during that year?
does anyone know the paint code possibly?
picture for reference"

I haven't been paying attention to this thread and this is rather late but, for the record, your bike has the CRT paint scheme. The major color codes are YHF (Phantom Gray Metallic) and YHG (Oort Gray Metallic).

#25 ·
Lots of info about Auctmarts history posted in this forum. Yet,OP still chose to use 'em. The fuck were you expecting?? :facepalm x2 :dissapointed
Lock the thread

#26 ·
no, lets not lock the thread, I've read negative reviews on every single company, although I will agree Acumarts story here was really bad.
The price and quality is what made me go with them, its been a few years since the very bad review and the "under new management" did sucker me in :) Also, I felt maybe they will really try hard with me since I'm giving them another shot and told them if all goes well I will be the first person to praise them.

Monster Fairings,summitfairings and all the others have had bad reviews too, but they are also 300 bucks more and I've read quality reviews from all these companies and they all pretty much average the same.

Auctmarts reviews from what I've read, it will be a near perfect OEM fit and thats my #1 priority

#32 ·
Well I thought I'd give me review so far.

After looking around like crazy, I found Auctmarts to be one of the more reasonably priced chinese fairing company and one that used some of the higher qualities in the process. Of course the negative reviews were there and yes more so than others even though they all have them. I saw what happened here to a fellow member and while that was a few years ago, it still bothered me, but I know sometimes bad things happen and have read recent better reviews and with them being under new managment I'd give them a try..

I contacted them April 9th for questions and they were pretty responsive, it was very obvious they were using a translate program and do not have an American Rep, not sure how much business they do here but might be something they should look into, even part time to just communicate as it could be relayed differently. I ordered the my set on April 11th and did go through some headaches along the way, for whatever reason China has a ton of Holidays, about 8 days into the process I didn't hear anything and when I asked the status I just kept getting "its our holiday sorry for the delay" messages.
This went on for a few weeks, I kept pressuring them to at least get a damn shipping #.
I would get these replies a couple times.
Sorry for the late reply again and if you google hk holiday and you will know today is our holiday and I already contacted the export department after I sent you the last email ! Your set was already sent out and your item will have it within few days . I am so sorry for that ! Tomorrow our shipping staff will email you the tracking number thru the email and pls wait a little moment. Also the set actually shipped out two days ago
and then tomorrow would happen with no response, so I'd wait a few days and complain again.
after about a week or so from that point. Finally on may 4th (luke I'm your father) I got the email with a tracking #, an EMS tracking # that was not able to be tracked. This went on a couple weeks and finally I was able to track it, but unlike other international shipping companies this one didn't really give me good information, actually just gave me the ship date.

I finally gave up on wanting these new fairings for my upcoming GA trip so my frustration went down some and like other things in life when you're not expecting something, that something happens. I received the fairings Monday the 22nd. So all in all about 6 weeks total, which isn't that bad I guess. Many have received theres in 3 weeks, some even sooner and the fact I ordered a canned set and nothing custom I was hoping for at least a months time, but whatever, its here.

Even though I won't be installing them any time soon, I wanted to inspect them thoroughly, ensure they look good, paint is good and parts are here.
don't mind the pictures, maybe someone wants to see so I'll post a bunch.

These were just taken quickly with my phone, before I packed the nicely back up. Honestly I have to say they look beautiful! Is it OEM quality, of course not, but they look damn close to it. Some of the pics might look like there are drips but I can promise there is none, some have a tiny bit of orange peel but not on the important parts, just some of the black and very little. Clear coat looks good, at least a few coats, stickers and placement look great.
They also said they are going to give me back 25 bucks just for being patient with them and I thanked them and think that's fair. For the most part they didn't leave me in the dark like some others when it came to communicating even though they have holidays every other week, they at least told me about them.

The only real issue at this point would be fitment and its probably more important IMO then the looks, but if they fit ok without me needing to do some crazy amount of custom drilling or cutting, I have to say auctmarts is getting their act together and building some quality shit. Time will tell as I plan on installing these in about a month.

I'll keep this updated but for now, I'm happy :)

#33 · (Edited)
side note, in the third picture from the bottom that is the head shield they gave, its pretty thick 1/4 inch or so, but I'm not sure its going to be enough, does homedepot sell this stuff?

or should I just order online? or get better stuff?

and EDIT** I also received the hardware which was surprisingly nicely packed in a manila ziplock folder thing, all sealed up in baggies inside.They also through in a tank pad, cheap feeling but since I don't have one and it fits well with my bike I might actually install it lol.

One downside, when you order a set you get a free windscreen ( think they all do this ) and it asked if I wanted smoked or clear, I asked for smoked and instead I got pitch black, like multiple coats, its black, lol . Cannot see anything through it, I might just leave my current smoked one on as its in good shape.

#34 ·
If you look at the an OEM diagram, or at photos of the inside of the fairings, the covering of the heat shielding is not extremely extensive. That might be enough, otherwise Home Depot or an autoparts shop should have that.

#36 ·
I wanna see it on the bike, up close and personal.

Hope all is well, good luck- no sarcasm intended

Todd

#39 ·
I will be trying out auctmarts fairings for my 09 gsxr600. Will update on quality and fitment after install. I hooe i can get them delivered promptly. Went down last week and broke both mirrors front windshield fairing, and left side fairings. Need mirrors ride withought cauisng too much police attention.

#40 ·
Well, I thought I would let everyone know my outcome. I did receive my fairings within 6 weeks. A little longer then I expected but they threw me 25 bucks for the delay, which is good IMO. They did however keep me in the loop for the most part even though they had holidays almost everyday it felt.

Now, I am a complete noob when it comes to fairings, I've never installed them before and honestly barely have enough experience of even taking them off, except the few times to do oil changes and what not.

I started with the back,then the front and sides, the biggest issue I had was the black plastic undercarrage piece that goes under the front, lining that up and snapping them in was a major PITA.
I can attest these fairings are strong, when I put the sides together they had these little tabs that have to snap in, I pried so hard at one point I had the feeling "well screw it, if it breaks it breaks" and with all my might I pushed and pushed until "SNAP!!!" it was a loud snap, in the garage it sounded like a damn gun lol. Needless to say both sides went in perfect.

Now I'm not sure how OEM fairings fit, but each time I put a piece on it was a tight fit and looked pretty much perfect IMO.
I know auctmart has gotten a bad rap on many forums, I went with them because of price and the ones that did give a good review on, did like them.

Longevity purposes I have no clue what will happen, but the fairings are tight, I did a high speed test and they aren't flapping or wobbling in the least.

personally I think it looks great and I'm a happy customer.

#42 ·
That looks great. So you didn't have to do anything with tank? I notice on their site that they have an option for a matching tank cover. Probably for those not going with the stock scheme. I'm assuming you didn't need one. Looks like everything is color matched pretty well. The only difference I notice is that your "1000" and "Suzuki" emblems are in white instead of red and black respectively. Looks good. Glad it worked out. :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.