Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Another exhaust question

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  NeXtGeN 
#1 ·
I know these type of question have been beaten to death but I was wondering if anybody has tried fitting a newer Akrapovic hex slip-on. I'm trying to spruce up the old girl by replacing the old 10 almost 11 year old Akrapovic hex ti slip-on with a carbon fiber one. I tried researching outlet diameter sizes of my old one and current ones to see if they match up but can't find the information. I just want to pull the old slip-on off and put a new carbon fiber using the ti mid pipe that came with the old Akrapovic hex slip-on. What do you guys think? Also which current Akrapovic model year comes closest to the original one?

#7 ·
So I got an email back from Akrapovic where I asked about the diameter of my old slip on and if any of the newer slip ones would work with my old link pipe. I explained to them in the email that I couldn't find anymore hex slip ons for the 05-06 gsxr-1000 available to purchase. They responded to me by saying they believe parts are still available and that I could call one of their authorized distributors per a link in the email. I called. They have nothing. So anyway I measured my old hex slip-on and it measures 2 1/2 inches which works out to about 63mm. Does anybody with newer bikes know the diameter of the hex slip ons?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.