Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My New/used- 2006 gsxr 1000 And A Rim Job !

3K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  deeznuts 
#1 ·
After losing my cbr600rr red in a horrible accident in which i was hit in intersection , coma for 2 days, i bought a new bike , faster,stronger,louder. I felt no pain for i was unconscious right away. Its been about 2 months with this used gsxr1000 . Pics below of my before totaled cbr600rr and pinky injury, split the tip.No broken bones or nothing serious. Yes i am a tuff 32 year old, no kids,no girl, no worries.Iam in the process of working on my motorcycle rims by Plasti dippin them Blaze blue. Started spraying the black rims and you couldnt see the spray at all. So i bought a white plasti dip can to base the rim,then i sprayed them after the white dried with the plasti dip Blaze blue. Problem is i ran out of the blaze blue and the rims look baby blue.. hate it. i want the classic gsxr blue rims you see around. I know i can do it . I saw a newer plasti dip color called blue metalizer and has shiny flakes in it looks great from the youtube videos of the demo of the product. I am waiting for the metilizer to ship to me stay tuned to this tread for constant pics of me working on the bike. Heres what i did last week as well as a link on youtube of my bike and the plasti dip metalizer spray demo. I am just contemplating if i should spray the metalizer over the baby blue rims or if i should peel the rims off and apply it to the base rim. Stay tuned. (for all those who dont know plasti dip cans are peelable and removable paint in a can of very high quality. I promise iam going to make it look proffessional stay tuned.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not a fan of Plasti-Dip;why not have them powdercoated to the exact color you desire?

Reactions: JGDJR
#7 · (Edited)
Powder coating costs so much money almost 1,000 dollars and currently my money is invested on beer , herb,
, food and rent. I love the challange guys I will prove you wrong guys in a playful manner i enjoy the challange. Iam going to also buy glossifier for a nice shine.
doesnt the youtube video of the spray look awsome! thats what i will duplicate on the gixer.

#10 ·
Not commenting on the plasti-dip because I love that shade of blue, I'm all about DIY, and admit I'm extremely curious how that metalizer is going to come out.

I plast-dipped the gas tank on my dirt bike, that's been my only experience..

Yeah, powder coating is not cheap.

They just legalized the weed here in Maine, in two weeks everyone can have six plants. Don't plan on growing but times are changing...

#8 ·
just got in the mail replica carbon fiber sheet from ebay. Wow looks like the real deal. Some may say why i didnt just buy the real carbon fiber parts or material...simple, because am not rich. Iam going to shape (trace with a pen with a peice of papper over the triple tree then have a base for cutting over the carbon fiber sheet for an exact fit. Lets see how it gos meanwhile i wait 3 days for my spray

Attachments

#9 ·
Dem nuts,
I'm not going to post on the plastidipping.

I'm going to talk about your TBI- Traumatic Brain Injury. Mainly b/c I'm a TBI survivor.
If you were 'conscious' in 2 days- sorry you went thru it and glad it was only 2 days.
2 months on the Liter bike?, so it's like 3 months or less since the injury?
You're doing well.

And your finger, and your head:
Why did you sustain such a TBI to be in a coma? Helmet?

And your finger? Leather riding gloves?

Please share so that we can avoid such injuries.
Obviously you could have sustained such injuries with a Helmet and gloves.
I'd/we'd just like to know

Glad you're well, and have an awesome liter bike, WITH Baby Blue wheels

Todd

#12 ·
Reactions: Tekime
#16 ·
Local guy quoted me at $100 per wheel

#24 ·
I was really wondering if the OP was wearing a helmet, And had any gloves on mainly- night have avoided those injuries if he had.
Hasn't been back on his thread?

#25 · (Edited)
I was not high when i crashed, it was an asain guy who swerved into my lane mid intersection , we were both turning left coming off the freeway. also i was wearing full gear, survivor body suit with all armor and aria helmet and cheap ebay gloves that sucked. . still waiting for the paint from ace, its taking forever. In the meantime here is the finished triple tree carbon fiber that i made . ( carbon fiber roll from ebay) Looks preety cool right? it would have cost me 45.00 us dollars for this triple tree carbon cover. Got the roll for 10 or 12 bucks . . still waiting on a special order of paint to due the rims that i will make into blue metilizer like the youtube video. Stay tuned. Anything is possible in life untill you give up on life.

Attachments

#45 ·
That actually looks pretty decent. Wonder how it'll hold up. I have $800+ in my cart on motomummy for CF front fender, hugger, and side panels. Looks so good but fuck..I may reconsider haha.

Although that carbon fiber roll would be exposed to a lot more elements being on a fender and rear hugger as opposed to the top triple..

#29 ·
1. Why would you plastidip it? It's clear for a reason, for you to see out of when you're tucked. You're already doing it wrong, just like those idiots that plastidip their tail lights.
A translucent eBay one would have only cost you a few dollars more than that entire can of plastidip, and you would still be able to see something out of it.

#35 ·
:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.