Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Mirrors

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  R_1000 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

My mirrors have gone loose and wobbles a lot on rides. After doing some search and reading one of the post pointed out by BillV......I can confirm the damage is already done. I kept moving the mirror regularly to cover it up :-(. I didn't realise the flexibility of the mirror is for crash purposes!!!

I am thinking of purchasing a new pair (obviously not OEM???).

Anyone has any input on the following item ........

INDICATOR BLACK, SUZUKI GSX-R 1000, front, 05-15,K5 K6 K7 K8 K9,L0 1 2 3,Mirror | eBay

Thanking you all kindly

Kind regards

#2 · (Edited)
As I read the listing, it's only for the indicator itself and not for the mirror-stalk-base, which is what you need. They also looked smoked, which might not be what you're after. I guess you could ask him just what is included.

Here's a thread where alternate suppliers were discussed. Beware of plastic stems.

The sense that I get is that they're all made in China, where they sell for around $15 each. But those manufacturers want to sell in lots of 100. By the time they've passed to a distributor and then a retailer, the price has at least tripled. You might try emailing G-formance to see if there's a UK based seller.

#6 ·
Thanks a million BV :cheers

I have emailed G-formance as per your suggestion. Never know, might get lucky.

I have also emailed a few more suppliers in UK to find out if the mirror stems are aluminium. If they are and UK based then I could buy it and compare the fitting to the OEM. And should there be an issue I can always send it back without extortionate postage cost.

In the meantime I am going to see if temporarily can be tighten from underside mirror stem :dunno

I will keep you posted with the outcome

#9 ·
^That's a decent price for a pair from a retailer. It says "Two fixed positions, one normal for riding & 2nd position for doorways". That would be nice but I suggest that you take a close look at the pivot construction before adjusting them. If it's the same as the OEM (which I expect), they will loosen again. I can't make it out but there appears to be a manufacturer's name along the bottom.

#17 ·
I was only able to find one OEM but it was in a state and not sure if the pivots are in good shape. Mind you...I only did a search for a K6 1000. Maybe I should try searches on other models as they are interchangeable parts

#18 ·
You're not alone man. My right mirror is starting to loosen up ever so slightly as well. My fault because the doorway to my storage unit is no larger than a normal doorway. The play in the mirror is not enough to fold back on me or anything while riding but if left unaddressed long enough that will inevitably happen. I'll probably just pony up and snag an OEM replacement. Sucks...I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.