Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

my k6 baby - vader

3K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  8you4t 
#1 ·
This is my story with "vader".

I bought this bike with 32k miles 3 years ago.
Had a stalling issue when taking off. (Was a split wire).
On the first year I got 2 new Pirelli diablos, and front brakes pads, corbin front seat and installed hid (low beam and high beam) and led wedge bulbs inn the corner. And a danmoto gp slip on pipe.

2 years ago I had my bike run for a little to warm it up before I head out. Came out of the house and the bike was running at 240 something degrees (can't remember exactly).
Thought I was screwed. Maybe new engine?
Had no money at the time, but this summer I did.
I made the pipe shorter (gp look) changed a little bit of it. The bike was running poor but thought it could be bc of the short pipe.
I replaced the thermostat, water pump, hoses, and had everything locktite.
The got all short intake boots, new plugs, tre mod, pair mod, smog block off plates, new battery, full titanium micron serpent exhaust connected to my gp pipe. Pc3, k&n filter, all new plastics (old ones had gouges and scratches everywhere). Rear pads, rear bearings, new sprockets (-1 up front) and 520 chain, painted my tank, blacked out my blinkers, and new levers.

Finally got my bike dyno'd. Base like was 146 whp & 68 lb ft.
After a custom tune I got a great bump to 157whp & 76lb ft !!! SAE

With over 35k miles on it, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Now I just need to do about 6 more small things and the bike will be...new? Might as well be.

Also thinking about getting some forged wheels.

So.... Without further ado, here is my baby so far -

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great,except the exhaust looks like it belongs on a ratty ass stunt bike.

#8 ·
All good. To each their own. I didn't make it for anyone else but me.

I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers with it having 35k miles on it. Still would run with the sock 2015s

#9 ·
That's really not a lot of miles, especially for that bike. I've ridden older gsxrs with way more miles, which served reliably as dedicated track whores. They still ran & felt like brand-new while being thrashed mercilessly on the track. The only running they saw was more thrashing, all day long. It is what they're built for, after all.

If that's just a daily rider / commuter, it'll be hard to kill your bike for many years to come, unless you don't maintain it.

#10 ·
The can is the size of the old gp cans. If you're not into it, that's fine. just stop being a douche. Just respect the love for our bikes buds. I can Photoshop like a 10yr old too, but I'm MUCH better that that.

#12 ·
:lmao

#13 ·
Nice bike and nice mods buddy. As for the exhaust..........as long as you like it..........and it's not causing any performance issue......then enjoy it :)

#14 ·
I really hate when folks knock other's individual taste. Why make mods if we're all going to share the same likes and dislikes. But that "You go girl" comment was funny as heck! eh hemmm, Immature... but it cracked me up!

I like the appearance of the bike. it put me in mine of my `01 GSXR. at 35K miles.http://www.gixxer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=413962

Attachments

#15 ·
#28 ·
:spit

#33 ·
:lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.