Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Rear Shock Change

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  JGDJR 
#1 ·
I am going to buy a new rear shock for my K1...(The shock is original OEM with 9,000 miles on it) I just had the front forks completely reworked with this kit:

Axxion Compression Valves

I have found two that I am considering:

Penske 8987 Triple Adjustable - Remote Reservoir

https://www.oppracing.com/product_d...-remote-reservoir-rear-shock-2way-adjustable/

and If I decide to get the Nitron Shock I will get the Pre Load Adjuster as well.

The bike will never see the track, just road use...

Any thoughts...Thanks

John

#3 ·
Bill...I have searched for a new SU148...with no luck...I can't even find a used one...that's why I kind of narrowed it down to these two. For the type of riding I do (street)
I would think either would be an improvement to the original shock.

John

#6 ·
^This may be a good time to approach him as he'll be needing money for lawyers and fines. It unfortunately sounds like this may throw him into bankruptcy.

P.S. Doesn't impact your K1 but AFAIK Kyle is the only source for the 30 mm NIX cartridges for K5/K6. The support for them will be very iffy if he closes. I'm sure it's not a big seller but it would still be nice if he was there.

#7 ·
Bill...I e mailed Dan...He said: "The oldest year I can still get an Ohlins shock for a GSXR1000 is 2005 SU503"

So I am still looking for a new one but it seems pretty dim I will find one...the bike is just to old...

I'm guessing either shock I mentioned above will be much better than the original OEM shock.

John

#10 ·
Well...I contacted Japan...No Dice on the shock...they Wrote:

"Hello, I am Sat Sawaguchi N.A.P.S staff.

Thank you for your message.

But we are sorry,we have no stock this one.

And,we contuct to OHLINS dealer in Japan.
So,they say "sold out it"

We feel disappointed we could not support you.

Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.