Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2001 Full Exhaust

9K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  GSXR Maori 
#1 ·
Hey guys...quick question...I would like to order a full exhaust but because of my bikes age...a lot of places don't make them
any longer...

Are these true statements :

2001-2004 1000 are the same exhaust? The mounting for the head pipes, and Muffler are all the same?? No MODS needed??

Are these systems any Good?? ARATA Racing Full Exhaust.... Comes with...

Titanium Headers
Titanium Mid-Pipe
Titanium Canister
3-Piece Mounting Springs
Muffler Clamp
High Mount Bracket

Found a place with them on sale for a 2003-2004...just under $1000.00

Thanks again,

John

See less See more
#2 ·
Arata makes great exhausts. And yes, I believe K1-K4 systems are interchangeable.

#4 ·
Thank You guys...That is good news, Before this info I had found, zero systems...Dam now I have two...

ARATA Racing Full Exhaust...just under $1000.00

2003-2004 Suzuki GSXR1000 Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System...Blow Out Price $888.00 and comes with the following:

Conical Hand-made Titanium Headers
Titanium Collector & Mid-Pipe
Titanium Canister
Mounting Flanges and Springs
Carbon Fiber Muffler Clamp!

In your opinion which would be the best choice...

Thanks Again

John

#28 ·
The original,old style Akra Evo Race full-Ti pipe is one of the best exhausts you could put on your bike. Super hard to find on the used market;if one came along I'd buy it without hesitation:thumbup

#5 ·
They are both great exhausts honestly. I like Akrapovic myself, have run it on my last 4 race bikes. But I have had an Arata in the past and it was great.

#7 ·
Dang Anthony you are fast...I have never used either brand...however if you give a thumbs up to Akrapovic looks like that is what I will get...

I just installed a new Yoshimura TRS Street Slip-On Exhaust with Carbon Fiber canister...as you know the Header pipes on my 2001 are Titanium
but the diameter of the pipes just seems kind of small...I'm sure using this full system will be noticeable...after I install this new system
I will get the bike tuned for sure

Thanks again

John

#8 ·
Yeah, I picked up 14rwhp from a full system and tune on my K3 1000.

#13 ·
Bias...Where did you buy your Yoshimura pipe??? Here is what I see when I try to order the Akrapovic: Availability:: Currently Unavailable

Here is what I get when I try to order the ARATA: Availability:: Currently Unavailable

I e mailed them and asked if and when they would receive a new shipment....

I see Brock's Gen 3 is available...But I would keep my exhaust before I bought a Brock's System.

Thanks

John

#17 · (Edited)
2001-2006 headers will all interchange.

Akrapovivc and Arata are excellent systems!!

The only difference between the 01-02 and 03-04 Akrapovic headers are the 03 and newer models have crossover tubes.

Go ahead and purchase one of these before they go. Don't even worry about trying to find a Yosh if you found an Akra or Arata that's ready to buy.

Trust me!! You will love either of these two. Make that beautiful bike of yours even prettier with one of these full systems!

Reactions: oldgixxer
#19 ·
Just the headers are the same on the K5/K6, not the rest of the exhaust.

#22 ·
So did Hindle... Their full race exhaust with the stepped header made huge power.

#23 ·
I don't know how or why those guys just disappeared. Especially Hindle since their full titatium pipe was quite affordable and made great power. Sounded good too according to my ex racebike. :biggrin

#26 ·
Guys...I'm not sure this is OK to do here...If not please just delete it...

Check this out..AN ULTRA RARE YOSHIMURA TRS TITANIUM EXHAUST WITH CARBON FIBER RACE EXHAUST

FITMENT:

2003-2004

GSXR 1000

LINK: Suzuki GSXR GSX R 1000 03 04 Yoshimura TRS Titanium Full Exhaust Carbon Fiber | eBay

These systems (hell any suggested system is hard to find) are tough to find....My bike is just to old....I understand it is a used system...I'm really not a fan of buying used...

but this looks like new...and has a carbon Fiber Muffler just like I want (TRS)

you think it is a fair price?? If so I will buy it Now.

So this system should bolt right on my bike...is this correct???

Thanks

John

#29 ·
Anthony is that a yes to both:

you think it is a fair price?? So this system should bolt right on my bike...is this correct???

Oldgixxer...Man I have been looking for two weeks...many hours searching...Hell, new it is Impossible to find a suggested system...Used most are such junk I would never buy them

John

#30 ·
Yes it will fit.

Price is a bit high, but since it is an exhaust off Ben Spies' bike, it is appropriate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.