Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR k2 1000

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Anthony D 
#1 ·
hello guys,
I need some help Ive had a GSXR K2 1000 before from new but after not riding for a while i started again and bought a second hand K2 1000 with 30k on clocks and 2 owners good service history etc
but ive noticed a knocking sound on the engine think its coming from the top of the engine and im thinking its the Head gasket.
any help would be greatful from you all as im wondering if there is anything a i can put in the coolant if it is the head gasket untill i can get the funds together to sort it out as it not used much its only a toy.

ive uploaded a couple of video's to you tube if you wouldn't mind having a look and let me know what you all think

#2 ·
Is there coolant in the Oil? Drain oil and check to see if you can see any, sometimes it appears as a milky substance in the oil.

Stand behind the Silencer and smell the exhaust (Not for too long, LOL), does it smell sweet?, are there plumes of White~ish smoke coming out?

Are you positive its not a Exhaust\Header Gasket leak?

Do you have access to a Leakdown Tester?

I'm not a fan of Mechanic in a Can....In the long run they cause more work than what their worth. The gunk up the entire system, so a simple head gasket swap becomes a very laborious and thorough cleaning of the entire cooling system, at least from my experience .

#4 ·
A head gasket wouldn't make noise really. It would just mix coolant and oil. Drain the oil and see if there is coolant in it.

I am guessing the cct is bad.

#6 ·
It is easy of you are mechanically inclined...

Get yourself a factory service manual and have at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.