Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

pics of streched bikes

55K views 163 replies 103 participants last post by  gsxrdan26 
#1 ·
post your pics of your streched bikes

#17 ·
ubengineering,
The Double was built in the early 90's by Bonneville veteran, Larry Forstall. Larry developed vison problems and could no longer compete, today he owns several Hayabusa land speed bikes but has other drivers run them now. The Double sat for years in storage until I had it shipped from Pennsylvania to Alberta. We cleaned it up and got it running, I ran it last year and made some shake down passes. I ran a best of 203mph at only 7000 rpm, lots of wheel spin at anything over 3/4 throttle. There is huge potential in the bike, eventually we'll wrap it in something more aerodynamic once we work the bugs out of it but I liked the idea of the early GSXR fairing with the first gen GSXR engines. We found a weak link in the coupler for the two engines, that held us back as well but we have made modifications and will try again in August. I've run Hayabusas for years at Bonneville but they are a dime a dozen now, the Double has character. The chassis was built by Precision Chassis Engineering. The engines are both 1255cc, 13.5:1 compression, megacycle cams, 40mm flat slide carbs, ported heads, carrillo rods, falicon crank work...all the good stuff from back in the day. The bike is too long to fit on a dyno but similar engines have made 200+ rear wheel hp. The engines are being freshened up over the winter, I scored a pair of new big blocks, the engines will now displace 1317cc each. We're going to improve the rear suspension and add some ballast, hopefully it will hook up this year.
-Scott

#26 ·
I know this is probably covered somewhere in the forum but I wanted to know how does the bike handle with the stretched set up. I know alot of you guys stretch em for the track but looking for anyone who rides on the street with this set up. I just stretched mine but havent had a chance to try it out yet because im working on some other things to. Just wanted to know, alot of my friends are saying the bike is gonna handle like shit and so on and so forth.

#30 · (Edited)
my 03 1000 stretched 9" custom swingarm made by my brother

this is his 10.5" its a 03 600 with 750 motor swap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.