Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2000 gsxr injectors flooding/overfueling

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  motomedic321 
#1 ·
My bike floods/hydrolocks everytime I go to start it, then I have to pull the plugs and crank it to clear the cylinders once I put everything back together I go to start it again and it hydrolocks AGAIN WHY?! Aremy injectors stuck open? What causes this?! It's my first bike in fairly new to them any help appreciated I just wanna go for a ride!

#4 ·
Do you get a flashing 'FI' indication on the dash? If so, have you checked the codes? In general, injectors are constantly connected to +12V and are then grounded by the ECU at the proper instant and for the proper duration, to spray the needed fuel. There are 4 ground lines going from each injector to the ECU. If any of them are permanently shorted to ground, one or more injectors are going to be permanently energized. I suspect the ECU would detect that and throw a code though.

#5 ·
Your oil is likely FULL of gasoline and has absolutely NO LUBRICATING PROPERTIES left!
dpap is correct about injector staying open if grounded at power up and fuel pump runs right away also.
I just back spaced this long dissertation on troubleshooting process.
You need a service manual and patience.
You also need to drain oil from your engine TODAY because its basically a fuel/oil tank at this point. very hazardous.
You need a test light. Harbor Freight Tools has 'em in Automotive aisle. cheap but effective.
Your machine is over 12 years old and most dealerships dont want to work on it because parts and stuff are becoming difficult to find from OEM source. And this kind of problem on an aging bike can consume a lot of valuable technician time that can be spent on bikes that r still under warranty and/or have readily available parts.
Welcome to the world of motorcycle TLC. She will have a name soon enough or you'll get divorced from her because she needs too much.
If u choose this mission to keep her, then you have come to the right place and remember she may have had some bad experiences with previous keeper.
too early for wedding bells >:)

#8 ·
I'm not sure if it's a mixed and matched bike or if it is a genuine fI 600.. It happened out of no where while I was riding the bike suddenly bogged down them ever Re attempt I've had at starting it it will just continually flood over and over
I'm not very good with electrical or nor do I have a test light.. I don't know what could keep the injectors flowing after the pump primes
It's got me stumped I've searched high andlow for answers and can't find nothing!!

#9 ·
The fifth ,and tenth digit in the vin will tell you what year bike, and motor it is supposed to have.
The fifth digit will either be an N= 600...,or an R= 750.
the tenth digit will be a Y if it's a 2000

There is an engine ID # on the back of the motor. if there is an
N= it's a 600
R= it's a 750

Pic's always help.
Shit choice for a first bike.
Welcome.
Good luck.

#13 ·
Forgot to say Before I'm from Australia not the states :)

The vin and the reg Papers say it's a 2000 gsxr 600
I still can't get it to crank with the pump hooked up it still locks up first crank.. After I pull the plugs and drain the cylinders I go to see if she'll crank and she cranks happily so it can't be seized.
What could cause it to suddenly start overfueling? Ecm problem...? Wires shorted some where?
Never thought I'd flood a injected motor hahaha
help please!!

#14 ·
Y model year USA(E-03) 600s dont have injectors so I am going off '01 information from a USA non-CA model.
you need to check the injector trigger wires for short to ground.
disconnect ECU plug that has the trigger wires in it and probe trigger wire terminals using a test light.
trigger wires are Gr/W, Gr/B, Gr/Y, Gr/R
if u get a light at any of these wires then those wires are shorted to ground somewhere BEFORE the ECU connector.
if no lights at this test, then reconnect the ECU plug and do same test from back of connector or carefully piercing each trigger wires shielding. If u have light here then likely your ECU is internally shorted.
It would be likely however that a Fault code would be stored to indicate a problem exists with ECU or a faulty injector.
Alternatively, you could disconnect each injector at throttle bodies and turn on key switch and see which throat is sending fuel to engine. then that would be a mechanically faulted injector which the ECU doesnt detect except maybe through O2 sensor. U could have dirt lodged in one or several injectors holding the valve open. U could have a broken return spring and fuel pressure is just pushing fuel past the valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.