Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Rear shock k1-k3 what is it ?

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  mcjochn3 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Can somebody tell me what is on the opposite site of rebound setting on the rear shock ?
there is rebound

the is what i don´t know :)

thx

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats the Schrader valve to fill nitrogen

#5 ·
i don´t find this part in the service manual. I gave my shock to change oil a repair so i don´t know where is the standart position. If i understand it corect, this is a part of rebound setting a if you have too much rebound and u are fully out so i loose this part ?

#6 ·
You can try it, these shocks are cheap on Ebay if you mess one up. :D

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it works that way. I could be wrong though. I'm pretty sure that you already have the full range of rebound adjustment with the adjustment screw. I think backing the whole adjuster out of the lower mount will only lose rebound range towards full.

When you turn the rebound adjustment screw, you're moving a ramp inside the lower mount. There's a rod inside the shock shaft that rides on that ramp and runs up above the piston to adjust rebound. Moving that ramp side to side moves the rod up and down inside the shock shaft to adjust the rebound hole size at the top inside the shock. The very top point of the adjuster inside the shock shaft does not come out and only has so much movement.

#7 ·
Do you have any rebound adjuster screw movement at all? How many turns? How much apart was that shock taken?

I rebuilt one of these shocks a few years ago. I took the lower mount off the shaft and I didn't have to. The lower spring seat separates if you can take the snap ring out. That's the better way if you can.

If you had the lower mount off the shaft and the rebound adjuster screw just anywhere and put it back together you could limit the rebound adjustment quite a bit. I turned my rebound adjuster all the way in and screwed the lower mount all the way on the shaft until it gently stopped. I backed it off a little and tightened the lock nut. That set the adjuster and rod to full hard and I had good rebound adjustment when done.

#11 ·
Why not share what Dave told you so everyone can benefit?

#13 ·
So he told you what it wasn't for, but not what it was for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.