Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Track bikes only!!

5K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  GSXR Maori 
#1 ·
so i thought id start a Track bike only pic thread.
Post a pic of your track bike. ill start with mine

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Bike is a 2001 GSXR600. It is still under construction. I started this build about 2 months ago after I bought this bike for $900 with a clean title and only 9300 miles on the clock. Never crashed. Stripped the fairings, primed and not painting till complete. I bought some very nice parts but also bought some cheap parts in case I drop the bike. Always trying to plan ahead.

Mods:
02 GSXR 1000 Front Forks/triple trees
GSXR 1000 3 pot front brakes
Big wave rotors
Galfer SS lines front and rear
Scott's steering dampener
WhitePower adjustable rear shock
Vortex V3 gas cap
Supersprox 520 conversion 15 front 45 rear
D.I.D Gold chain
Schnitz racing polyurethane cush dampers
Dyno Jet Power Commander V
Dyno Jet Auto Tune
Dyno Jet Quick shift (not installed in pic)
China rear sets, clip-ons, brake/clutch levers, rear spools
China SS Carbon fiber slip on, mid pipe
2002 GSXR titanium header
AllBallsRacing bearings replaced all around including steering
Michelin Power Cup Tires 120/70-17 180/55-17 EVO MEDIUM
New fuel pump

Attachments

#9 ·
Your bike looks good. I'd just swap out all of that Chinese bullshit with some real braking components. I also put the gold 1000 six pot calipers on my 2001 750 back in the day and truthfully, I hated them. Very vague feedback from the lever and absolutely zero performance gained. But the they looked great!

Overall, that's still a great looking bike. I raced the same model 600 years ago and did quite well on it. It's still a contender in the right hands. :cheers

#13 ·
Just in case there is any doubt, I AM old......turned 61 this past November.....but still enjoy the track a little.......21 days this past season. Anyway, here is the new to me track bike that will be circulating in the Southern Region this coming season...2016....

Reactions: ruenin
#15 ·
Any suggestions on a nicer set of rearsets? I knew they wouldn't be great but after playing around with them they have a crazy amount of play and don't feel very strong. I've been thinking of just buying new and after reading what you guys have have to say I think I'm going to ditch them.

#16 ·
Woodcraft, Vortex, and Attack Performance to name a few.

Just in case there is any doubt, I AM old......turned 61 this past November.....but still enjoy the track a little.......21 days this past season. Anyway, here is the new to me track bike that will be circulating in the Southern Region this coming season...2016....
You're never too old! Nice looking bike you got there (although not a Y2K model)

#17 ·
For rearsets I'd also consider Gilles in addition to what Kev mentioned above. Just google "Gilles rearsets." I've never used them but I've heard nothing but good things about them over the years.

I've only used Vortex in the past because I had to due to some sponsorship requirements. Bang for buck, Vortex will do ya just fine.

#27 ·
No, this bike was cheap ($900) with 9000 miles and the first bike I'm going to use at the track. I'll play with it this first season and move onto something a little nicer. I plan on riding a friends HRC 600rr and would like to compare the bikes. I wanted to do a cheap build and not worry if I drop it which I'm sure I will.

#30 ·
True story...

Optimal Racing used to make cheap bodywork that wasn't bad.

And I know Hotbodies does their "buy 1 get 1 free" at the beginning of every race season, which comes in very handy, especially if you wreck.

Reactions: ruenin
#32 ·
Here's mine, not much to look at till spring.

GMD Built Forks
Fox Racing Shock
Ebay rearsets (I know but these are pretty solid and served me well on the street)
Yosh Case Cover
BMC Race Filter
Yosh stg 2 cams
full Yosh exhaust with Carbon TRC
Thinner(?) head gasket
APE CCT
PC3
CRG Levers
Adding 750 TB & lower airbox, hoping for some better response
Woodcraft Sliders
Adding 1k swingarm
Stainless brake lines
520 conversion

I see there are 2 tails that are sold, one that looks kind of bulky and one that looks a bit slimmer and tapers in toward the top. Anyone know what I could get the latter? The other looks too much like something that belongs on a SRAD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.