LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage
Used bike from hell

Bought 99 srad 600 CHEAP
Things to do..
Battery (dead)
Break fluid (huge build up in line had to replace)
Oil (was like butter) not kidding looked like someone doodoo in the oil pan-.-
Coolent was fine
...here's where satans bike let loose
Took spark plugs out.... TWO broke off in the head. __set to tdc__ -crank turned by hand fine- Pulled the cylinder head off got them out, threads were fine.
Put the cams in.. Timing Chain fell in! Redid it all again. timing set and just pluged a few wires in just bc I was getting excited and ready to finish. I knew I hadn't released the tensioner... little sister wanted to start it and did it when I was eating inside. (She rides my pit bike all the time and was excited too. she wanted to help big bro. Not mad, just glad shes not hurt) BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE... And a couple of my valves too. Pulled it all off AGAIN. Now crank won't even turn by hand. I hate this bike at this point but I really want to ride it. Two of my friend have it and it's just a fun 600. So im going to fix it BUT before I proceed
I need troubleshooting ideas/hints/tips/tricks any advice before I continue. Thanks!!!
(Long winded I know)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 AM
Drunkz again

Motorcycle: 2006 GSX-R1000
Garage
Re: Used bike from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Philpott View Post
Bought 99 srad 600 CHEAP
Things to do..
Battery (dead)
Break fluid (huge build up in line had to replace)
Oil (was like butter) not kidding looked like someone doodoo in the oil pan-.-
Coolent was fine
...here's where satans bike let loose
Took spark plugs out.... TWO broke off in the head. __set to tdc__ -crank turned by hand fine- Pulled the cylinder head off got them out, threads were fine.
Put the cams in.. Timing Chain fell in! Redid it all again. timing set and just pluged a few wires in just bc I was getting excited and ready to finish. I knew I hadn't released the tensioner... little sister wanted to start it and did it when I was eating inside. (She rides my pit bike all the time and was excited too. she wanted to help big bro. Not mad, just glad shes not hurt) BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE... And a couple of my valves too. Pulled it all off AGAIN. Now crank won't even turn by hand. I hate this bike at this point but I really want to ride it. Two of my friend have it and it's just a fun 600. So im going to fix it BUT before I proceed
I need troubleshooting ideas/hints/tips/tricks any advice before I continue. Thanks!!!
(Long winded I know)
We'd help you but you olny got one post and didn't post any pics of said SRAD.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:26 AM
I CAN tell the difference between a squirrel and a monkey...

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Please visit the Starting Line section and make an introduction;more people will be willing to offer you advice

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Track Day Winner

Garage

I bought mine in a similar state of misrepair. previous owner used RTV sealer on the carb bowls, it poured fuel into the cases, spun bearings and he didn't know this, so naturally I didn't til I bought it. I'm into the replacement motor and bike for $700.

Btw breaks are things you take at work, or what happens when you drop glass. BRAKES are what vehicles use to stop. sorry to be a language police officer, this one just bugs the CRAP out of me.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 03-18-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: not allowed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Garage

That sucks but it's what you pay for. Plus most people now days don't fix things until they become a major problem then they just sell. But yeah I realise that reading it over ik the difference.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Vegemite-eating SuperModerator...

Motorcycle: K3 GSXR 1000/2011 R1/2004 CBR 600RR track bike / 1994 GSXR 750/1996 CBR900RR / 2002 sv650s (wifes) /2003 CBR600RR / 2006 CBR 1000RR / 1997 GSXR 600 / 2001 RSV Aprilia 1000 / 2011 Z1000 / 2006 VTR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
Please visit the Starting Line section and make an introduction;more people will be willing to offer you advice
This !!!!

Do you not introduce yourself to strangers before starting to talk to them in real life ... esp if asking for help

Plenty of knowledgeable folks here ...
oldgixxer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode