Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Salutations fellow Gixxers

526 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SJB 
#1 ·
My first time as a member on this forum as I always reference to it for information BUT now I need help with a issue that's taking me for a spin. My 98' 750 SRAD fuel injected model recently went in for a full service and also had all the wiring checked along with changing the chain and sprockets. Never the less I have a "fueling issue" now that I thought I soughted. Bike was just dying while riding whether I am cruising or gunning it. Eventually checked the fuel filter and found that it was clogged......unfortunately seeing as the repair was done on a sunday no bike shops were open to buy a new one so I just plugged it straight and removed the filter.....ran the bike on the dyno and no issues.....went home from the Mechanic which stays like 52kms away from my place without a hitch bike was running smooth. But then yesterday and today bike started to loose power AGAIN.....if I am going fast enough I twist the throttle a few times kick down to second and hold the clutch in release and she would start but now she dies completely and then I'd have to pull over and start her up again after a few tries. If ANYBODY has some tips or suggestions for me it would be much appreciated, sorry for the long post but need to get as much info in as possible......oh and my Mechanic said I should throw in injection cleaner and see what she does there after.

#2 ·
Moved to the appropriate sub-forum....please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the forum so your questions can be answered in a timely fashion.

#4 ·
Sup SC00BS, haven't checked that yet. Only removed the filter and got a new one but still doing it. Could you possibly explain what to look for and find? I always take the bike to my Mechanic but always help not the best of Mechanics when it comes to bikes although know quite a bit on electrical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.