Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

96' GSXR 750 Value?

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Blackforest 
#1 ·
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could help me put a current value on a 96' GSXR 750 with 7900 original miles Bike has never been down and in excellent original condition. Bike is white with the dark grey wheels and the only mods are Yoshamura RS3 slip-on and a air filter if that factors in any way. Bike runs great and has been ridden this season but as one could tell by the mileage owner doesn't get out on it very often... Your valuation would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
If you have Mint Condition black gold carbon colored plastics on that bike, I've considered spending near 1000$ on a set from time to time.
Could care less about the other plastics as one can easily replicate the OEM patterns of white blue etc. Might still get ~500$ for them alone in mint condition.

All together the bike itself all OEM nice new shiney no road rashes? Well likely it still isn't worth more than 4000$ at best... Maybe if you can find that ONE guy on the entire world who has more money than time or sense you could try to squeeze more out of the nostalgia of it. Even if it has hit the 20yr collectors era.

At worse, its a runner rite? Good runner you say, and its clean nice and well maintained, I'd think ~2.5-3k would be accomplishable. ~2000$ easyish.... ppl don't like carbs nowadays =/

That's my 2 cents.. Damn I miss my bikes....

#5 ·
Completely stock I got my bike for $2500 and it was in 80 percent mint 20 percent OK condition. Had stainless lines but that's it.

Probably could get more parting it if you were solely interested in the $$$. Forks, wheels, motor, fairings, frame, clip ons etc but that takes time and BS buyers you gotta deal with.

I had a truck I wanted a specific price for and wouldn't budge and it took almost a year to sell but I got the price I wanted. Like monolith said it's all about finding the right buyer.

#6 ·
you guys should have seen Sradiators beauty, the classic blue white race scheme, beautiful 750, he couldn't get $2k for it in NYC..

frankly carbed bikes are simply out dated and parts way too expensive for them they fail every season, FI is the only way with ethanol... yup the DOT destroyed the carburetor..

#7 ·
#8 ·
I never saw that when he left he was still trying to sell, I saw it on craig's a while later pretty sure, dunno why someone would pay $4300 when he was advertising $2000 or $2500 for it? who knows maybe he ran into the Sheikh of Basbalibad and unloaded it for a harem and 3 camels and an oil well?

fact is you can get decent FI 750 SRADs for $2500, see me all the time, hard to dump cuz thee are 2000 gsxr 1000's for $3200 from time to time, saw couple boosas at $3500 high milers..

also depends how long you are willing to sit on it and you r asking price, I also see some guys asking like $4200 for average FI SRADs, so maybe in the end they get widdled down to $3200 or so? never know, its a waiting game, I think a good solid one is worth $3k myself, if I needed a good road bike for work and saw a good one for that I would pay it if there wasn't anything better, you know new tires, sprockets, brakes well kept and clean, decent miles yea sure why not, has all the mods done already... sure especially if it was like a commuter or something I was going to put high miles on to keep my mains low mile...

that's the thing, timing, you have to be the best bike at the best price when that certain guy needs one tomorrow, meh...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.