Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

SRAD 750 Camshaft Upgrades

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Fin-R 
#1 ·
Back in 2011 there were some discussions about fitting 1000 cams into a 99 SRAD. Did any of these ever work? Essentially the plan was to transplant the SRAD cam bearing onto the later camshaft using a spacer.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/17-srads-97-00-600-96-99-750/298369-using-later-cams.html - That was the thread.

Did anybody make this spacer? Would anybody sell me one? Or if I can get the dimensions I could speak to one of my local super-engineers and see if he can help.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Alan

#2 ·
Been using them for a couple of yrs now on our LSR turbo bikes
all seems to work fine and be reliable
tricky part is machining the spacer that thin without stretching the remaining metal beyond use
i have to get a few more made , can supply specs or if you have one srad cam and 1 gsxr cam its easy to measure differences and see what needs to be made

#3 · (Edited)
Great to hear. I'll grab a couple of cams off an internationally famous auction website and get the micrometer out.

I considered welding the bearing on initially.. that was how I found the old thread. It just seemed a bit of a brutal approach. A machined spacer seemed much more civilised.

Thanks again Maj750

Alan

#5 ·
I have noticed that my K5/6 head lines up pretty much 100% with the 750 SRAD block (the 2 small allen key bolts on the cam chain side are out of alignment) but everything else - head bolts, bores on head gasket etc line up. It also looks like oil galleries are right too. I don't know if I am just being too optimistic in a search for easy power.

Has anybody ever fitted a k series head on an SRAD. It really looks like it would work but don't know if I want to risk a K5/K6 1000 head!

Cheers,

Alan

#6 ·
Gentleman,let's not turn this into a WTB thread please...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.