Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1998 SRAD 600 Front Hub spacer

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  WotevaMate 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I hoping someone can help please - I've got two simple questions:

1. What are the dimensions (particularly length) of the standard INTERNAL SPACER, Front HUB of the 1998 GSXR 600 SRAD wheel..?
2. Does it come in one piece..?

Your help much appreciated..:smile:

#2 ·
there is no spacer for the front wheel, its an axle and a bushing/nut, bearing to bearing

the rear has a 3, 2 outers and one inner tween the inner bearing and sprocket carrier, then one on the left and right side

the front wheel itself has an inner spacer but its non removable pressed between the two wheel bearings

pics? you may be confused on what its really called, what are you calling a front "hub"

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I am using the terminology of the Suzuki parts diagram that local dealers use to allow customers to order online. Sorry for any confusion.
I'm interested in your statement that the spacer is non-removable. That might point to the problem I am experiencing.

Anyway, as requested, please see picture of what I am trying to figure out.

These 3 parts came out of the front hub - the inner hole in the front wheel. They were all attached and due to their combined width, would not allow the bearings to spin freely. With out the 'end caps', the spacer does not reach both bearings - its much shorter that the width of the wheel hub.

I suppose I'm wondering if this is a problem or not - mainly 'cos on my other bikes the gap between the spacer and each bearing has usually been only just enought to get a purchase to remove bearings. So I figured it shuld be a snug fit from one bearing on to spacer and then on to other bearing....but not jammed solid, like this set up.

As I said, with all 3 parts that you see in the picture, it is clearly not working right - the bearings do not turn freely (not until the spacer is removed, that is.)

Also, there is only the single spacer (shaft) shown on the parts diagram from Suzuki dealers.

What do you think..?

Attachments

#6 ·
SPACER, HUB BEARING
54731-33E10
all there on the parts fiche. used in pre-08 hayabusa, tlr and tls. might be possible that your wheel had a spacer from the next gsxr gen, it looks a lot like what I pulled from 03 600's front wheel. imo, new oem would be best, because there's no easy way to tell if a used spacer is the right one, they all look the same except for length.

#8 ·
cheers, good advice. I had a chat with a couple of fellas and in the end the consensus is the same as here - that the spacer is from some other bike. I've ordered the OEM parts - no point in fuffing about.

#9 ·
spacers are standard, get the workshop manual-it will tell you which side bearing to fit fully home and the spacers ,long tube are fitted and
opposite bearing is fitted not fully home- not to recess in hub- read the manual

#11 ·
...just to finish up this thread for the sake of tidiness, I installed the new spacers and wheel bearings. Everything fits together perfectly. As it turns out, the problem was that the spacers that I took out of the wheels were defo NOT meant to be in there. Someone had put in some dodgy ones from another model bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.