Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

My "new" ZX7RR ex racebike(yes another)

206K views 909 replies 88 participants last post by  GS1000 78 
#1 ·
Please don't post in this thread unitil I am done...ok

Ok, you guys/my brothers on the SRAD subforum who dig 90's era superbikes asked to see the new purchase and want to keep the builds separate, ok.
I drove to Flagstaff, to meet the seller from San Jose. Split the drive with a friend from the dealership and did it on one hour sleep , 12 hours each way.
very happy with the transaction, providing the remaining parts come from seller and from two individuals in the UK......:twitch.
The bike is Zx7RR #41, and is said to hae gone to Muzzy then to racers, then to street use late in life (hence the lights and turn signals).
It comes with thousand and thousands of $$$ in race kit parts.
Here goes:

The haul (except a few items in far row in boxes that I needed to clear out to make room and already had (new ohlins, kit ally tank, kit carbon airbox, new kit crank, etc)

Bike: not bad shape for ex race ZX7RR, powder coated frame swinger and forks, new tires, Ohlins shock, Muzzy Ti pipe, complete correct subframe (rare) etc

Will start next few messages with the parts ...

See less See more
#2 ·
about 12 extra Marchesini sprocket carriers....like I need all these (heck I already have 2 sets Marchesini).

1 set Marchesini Magnesium 5 spoke 17";
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii570/ccmhunt1/20130902_145620_zps0cec70cd.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii570/ccmhunt1/20130902_145655_zps7f84a82e.jpg
17" Marchesini magnesium 3 spoke rear

16.5" Marchesini magsesium 5 spoke rear

complete set unmounted race plastic with Dzus fasteners

several superbike front fenders

#3 ·
stock subframes, intakes, brackets, and spare RR swingarm

spare clip ons with pretty cool master cylinders

spare Brembo setup

Lightweight tiny Brembo rear setup

custom Magnesium swingarm off of Muzzy ZX9R superbike

Custom BAM (Bay Area Motorsports) Magnesium/Ti/Al triples: allow you to adjust rake/trail, with Scotts damper (include Ohlins Superbike forks At Dan Kyle currently)

#5 ·
custom pipe, sworn to produce big HP

extra set stock wheels

Graves fairing bracket and ally screen braces

Mikuni TMDR with MJN needles

another carbon kit airbox

carbon intake tubes

New Ally endurance tank, never had fuel in it.

I am also owed as part of the agreement, kit cdi, kit loom, kit cylinder liners, kit pistons, and kit rods, plus the Ohlins superbike forks from the Muzzy Zx9r.
There were lots of small parts that were not worth mentioning.

Done.....whew.

#906 ·
custom pipe, sworn to produce big HP

extra set stock wheels

Graves fairing bracket and ally screen braces

Mikuni TMDR with MJN needles

another carbon kit airbox

carbon intake tubes

New Ally endurance tank, never had fuel in it.

I am also owed as part of the agreement, kit cdi, kit loom, kit cylinder liners, kit pistons, and kit rods, plus the Ohlins superbike forks from the Muzzy Zx9r.
There were lots of small parts that were not worth mentioning.

Done.....whew.
I had a Green and Purple road bike few years ago and the zx7rr is always the one I wanted. Looks like a very interesting project. Any ideas how much more fuel the tank holds with that modification ? Not a very exciting Q`s but looking to do similar to my SRAD 600, just to give it a bit more range. I was going to just cut another tank up and weld it to the top but this way i could get a older skinnier tank and just weld it down the sentre like this one, only in steel and if I can afford to get tig welder, bronze tig weld it

#10 ·
Is it ok to post now? :hide

My smile grew bigger as I scrolled down the list :)

That endurance tank does look abit odd though...but I don't know shit, right :lol

#21 ·
Those toys? Where does he keep getting those wonderful toys?

#24 ·
Was curious as to whether the motor was legit, and was a real RR motor, and you cannot tell from the motor numbers. From the outside they appear the same. Inside, the only difference is the close ratio tranny, crank shaft, and rumor has it, some case ribbing. So I pulled the timing cover off and the ignition rotor, and behold: the timing chain gear is removable and the crank is splined, just like my spare brand new kit crank, confirming this is likely a RR motor with CR gear box...Will confirm that when I get it riding. Rumor has it that it is big bore and has cams.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

#25 ·
Rumour has it, those other rumours are true :punk

#29 ·
WTF is it really?

#31 ·
Here we go again.......:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.