Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Off to the NEC bike show this morning.

5K views 91 replies 7 participants last post by  dj_smurph 
#1 ·
Just dropped the misses to work.was gonna take the little man with me, as there was a place where he could try out riding a motorbike, for the first time.
Told the misses that I wanted to take him but she said NO way am i leaving him with you all day :dissapointed
She just worries too much :lol

Anyway, will report when I get back.....hope to bump into Chris Walker but if I don't, it means I was too busy doing more important things :shifty

Remember missing out on some wicked drill bits that could cut through ANYTHING, regret not getting it then....was abit suprised to see drill bits being sold at a bike show though :scratch

Plenty of pics to come...

#4 ·
No they can't TT......I actually held a full titanium exhaust in my hand at the show was shocked, as to how light it was!

Well i'm back..very tired, late night/early morning took it's toll.....was falling asleep on the way back home, even left early, which is unusual for me.

I should've taken my lad with me.he'd have loved the trials bike ride :dissapointed

Took loads of pics, so much so,that the battery died on me while taking pics of the BMW'S, just got the battery on charge now!

For some reason I kept getting drawn towards the race bikes, rather than the new machines but did take pics of them.

Within the first 5 mins I bumped into Chris Walker....got a pic of him, as well as something signed for you Chris but only signed on his Kawasaki school leaflet, as I never had anything at hand....it's addressed to the carb Guru :lol

Also got a pic of the young gun in BSB whatshisname :shifty

They kept announcing that John McGuinness was at the TT stand, i could never find it :twitch

By the afternoon I thought I had seen most of the bikes on view and then started looking for any deals I could find.

Found that drill guy but though the drill bits were there, the guy selling them wasn't :banghead I could easily have picked on up and put it in my bag but didn't :nono

Got a Tyco T shirt, Proskins base layers, top and bottom, this unique head/neck scarf thingy...never seen it before, will post up pics when the battery charges up.
Also got 2 spanner type tools that should undo rounded off bolts....should've got 2 more bigger sizes :banghead

Tried on a Bell helmet and first impression weren't good, didn't fit that good and if i pushed the top of the helmet down,while on my head, it made a noise as though the lining came away :dunno

Got home and threw the bags down desperate to relieve myself, by the time i got out, my wife gave me that look, as to how much money I'd spent!
She lookes at the proskins box and saw ÂŁ30 each and was about to say something :shifty I said NO darling....it's ÂŁ30 for the pair, that's the whole point of going to show's like this, you get a remarkable discount :lol

Will post pics up in a bit...

#5 ·
Be warned..there's just over 500 pictures.....not sure if you wanna see them all?

#9 ·
It's not really that clear, cos' of what it's signed on :twitch but it IS there!

Bloody broadband is SLOW right now....taking forever to load up :scratch

#8 ·
:lol I only just got December's issue yesterday.....would you not rather wait till I get hold of January's :shifty

#10 ·
Came back to the compute, only to find it had crashed :cursing

Anyway a few pics to wet your apetite;

The first place i ended up in, was the Kawasaki Stand....Chris wasn't there, so waited around;

Correction, it was the bikesafe stand;

Yea enough of that...now the Kwaks;

The dude Very kindly took the border away, so I could get a better picture;

#11 ·

Then look who turned up!

That's his wifey in the background, so i've been told

Got the autograph, then took a picture of him, wish i'd had someone to take a pic of us together but wasn't to be :dissapointed

Got what I came for and walked out;

When i came out of there, i ended up in the Chav stand......lol
Will post some more when I get back from the Gym......3rd week now and still aching :twitch

#12 ·
Neon lights anyone :lol

Didn't stay there long :nono

#13 ·
This is why I should've bought the little man along...

#14 ·
Didn't know which way to look at first...

#17 ·
Awesome pics, wish there was something like that here.

#18 ·
Thanks guys..my only regret is I should've got the rest of the spanner tool thingy's and an EDZ middle layer....money was short :dissapointed

Then came across one of my favorite bikes.....the other being a BMWS1000RR

#19 ·
There's something so special about race bikes;

#20 ·

#21 ·

#22 ·
One of my favourite bikes of the show.

True this.....I was so engrossed in getting the pictures of it, that I was completely oblivious to my surroundings!
After I had the pictures, when I looked up, I was behind that commentator, sat on the gsxr, explaining how good it was.....he was being filmed, so you may see my head bobbing up and down in his interview :lol

The dude i'm on about;

And an endurance GSXR!!!

#23 ·

#24 ·
After that I found myself just wandering around, taking random snaps;

Shervin came to mind when I saw this;

#25 ·
This bike I remember seeing his build in PB forum...Was entered in a compitition.

The competition;

Pretty sure UK Lee's bike is in there somewhere.I know I took a pic of it!

#26 ·
A few of the lads;

Haslam's shit in my view......would like to see Laverty do well and of course Tom Sykes!

#27 ·

#28 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.