Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Off to the NEC bike show this morning.

5K views 91 replies 7 participants last post by  dj_smurph 
#1 ·
Just dropped the misses to work.was gonna take the little man with me, as there was a place where he could try out riding a motorbike, for the first time.
Told the misses that I wanted to take him but she said NO way am i leaving him with you all day :dissapointed
She just worries too much :lol

Anyway, will report when I get back.....hope to bump into Chris Walker but if I don't, it means I was too busy doing more important things :shifty

Remember missing out on some wicked drill bits that could cut through ANYTHING, regret not getting it then....was abit suprised to see drill bits being sold at a bike show though :scratch

Plenty of pics to come...

#29 ·

#30 ·
Some random pictures;

Was waiting for that guy to move out the way but he didn't.....was gonna tell him but thought better of it, as I was already pissed off at him and my tone would NOT have been nice lol

#31 ·

#32 ·
This bike needs no introduction!!!

#33 ·

#34 ·
Some more randomness;

#35 ·

#36 ·

#37 ·

#38 ·
I like these;

#39 ·

#40 ·

#42 ·
You took plenty of pics Armi !

Really looking forward to the show this year, only a few hours before im heading up.

The commentator on the GSXR1000 is James Haydon, pretty handy racer in his own right, works for Eurosport and a few of the bike mags now, he used to race an SRAD in WSBm Foggys Petronas project and did several years in BSB on various bikes,...missed your chance there to ask him how much he enjoyed crashing the Suzuki's..infact, he was a bit of a serial crasher full stop, nice bloe thou

#43 ·
lol...Yea he is an alright bloke......he keeps saying "ya know" in his commentary though, which is abit annoying.....did shake his hand, his name escaped me lol.

Got more pics to come!

#44 ·

#45 ·

#46 ·

#49 ·
Thanks guys..more to come.
Just gonna have a bite to eat and then off to the Gym....I hate going in the evenings :banghead

#50 ·
Well, I had a fantastic day, didnt find much from my meagre budget to spend my money on but I picked up a few stickers and brochures...

Strange thing happened thou, i was on the Suzuki stand looking at the new Busa and was chatting to the rep from Suzuki when he asked me my name...turned out I worked with him 7 years ago, he took a job with Suzuki GB in Milton Keynes beginning of this year, doesnt have a clue about bikes but Suzuki are putting him thru his test.

That aside, my bro and myself had a good long chat with Randy Mamola, second time ive been lucky enough to meet him..We had a chat about all things from his era of racing and more..biggest shocker was his reply to what bike(s) he rides on the road....a 1952 Harley pan head!

Anyway, was a cracking show, could have done with another day there to be honest.

#51 ·
I couldn't find the stands, when they announced that the riders would be at certain ones :cursing

Someone explain what this means...

#52 ·

#53 ·
I likes this guy...Still couldn't be arsed to wait for an autograph though :lmao doesn't mean I like him any less :shifty :nono

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.