Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

I haven found the squidlyest forum..

6K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
And I have been on there for years. I thought that gixxer.com had the worst rep for squids,.... Oh hell no. This place supports squid behavior on the street, and when I called them out, I was the villain, Jesus. Had it out with them on thanksgiving.

#35 ·
It might be WRONG but I still smile if driving along and someone pulls a wheelie in front of me.
Childish I know :p :hide

#46 ·
I'm with you on that one Armi, when done right it looks cool as.
The guy in question is 19 years old, right? Can everyone here remember when they were 19? I bet you can think of some dumb shit you did then and thought it was cool? That's what you're dealing with here. A person who is still maturing, thinks he's 'bulletproof' and ready to take on the world even if he's 200% wrong. If he gets through this stage of life he will eventually realise how stupid some of actions in the past were. I did.
Chris, the guy is no where near your level of intelligence and experience. Probably being an ignorant smart ass is his only defence.

#41 ·
if they did tiered licensing they would buy them, really hard for me to understand how they can sell an 18 yr old a 200mph bike here in America then get all up in arms when he ends up in the morgue?

mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys!!!

5 years at every level, with PROVABLE hours

I know too many that could have been saved had they never jumped on the 1K, its an entirely different world, when you crack it and hold it for 4 seconds you had better know how to react to any given situation because everything happens 10 times quicker, doesn't matter what gear you're in either.

sad really

#42 ·
the fact is that for most riders they are the weakest link in the combination.. most days i could be on a scooter not an srad for where i need to get. but then again that's why i think a ninja 250 or 300 would be my next around town bike. And also the reason i got a f650gs to take on the gravel and mud

#44 ·
njyork made a good point. New 250s and the new 300 are starting to get too expensive IMO. I can get a 3 year old r6, gsxr, 600rr, or zx6r for the price of a new ninja 300. Its getting difficult to justify spending over 5k for a beginner bike.

#51 ·
So how about the ninja 250 being the same base as the GPZ250 which dates back to the mid 80's...and I've seen some dirt cheap GPZ250's...

I don't understand how you can compare the brand new 250 model to second hand SS bikes. Get a 250 or small bike of any shape, ride the pants off it and then sell it on after a few years.
Besides, the justification is that if you are thinking straight, you know you should start on a small bike just to try and remove the "edge" from your learning. It's not "hmmm, I can get 350 more cc's for the same amount of cash..."
I've seen people that can barely handle their 250's when learning, i.e. multiple crashes in a matter of a month. Imagine if they were also trying to contain a much bigger, uncomfortable and unwieldy bike with 120 odd HP...

A lot of people may just want to get a nice, reliable and easy to ride bike, which is cheap on fuel. I have this image of the kind of riders that ride a plain ol motorcycle as their transport. Doesn't matter what way the forks are, what the valves are made out of, or how high it can rev.
I've taken to a tiny 50cc 4 stroke for around town. Pulling 100 MPG is bloody great for the wallet, plus it saves any kind of daily grind for the SRAD.

#60 ·
Ive never even heard of a GPZ250 until right now. But the new ninja 300 is between 4800 to 5500. Pretty expensive for a bike that almost nobody keeps over a year.

It was hard enough to convince people to start with an appropiate bike when they were cheap, now theyre gonna use the price as an excuse.

#66 ·
Ive never even heard of a GPZ250 until right now. But the new ninja 300 is between 4800 to 5500. Pretty expensive for a bike that almost nobody keeps over a year.

It was hard enough to convince people to start with an appropiate bike when they were cheap, now theyre gonna use the price as an excuse.
You don't get this, they still are cheap...

Someone looking for a learner bike to sell on in a couple of years? They go and get a cheap second hand one, why on earth get a new one. My 1989 FZR250 cost me NZD$3500, with 11,000kms on the clock. That was one of the quickest 250's around, bar the 2 stroke 250's obviously. Thats a 4 cylinder 45hp 250, expensive compared to a single or twin 250.

Someone looking to get a nice small bike for commuting and a bit of fun? They might get a new 250 or 300, and they would keep it for a while.

#57 ·
Me of
Weiner racing is quite serious, witness my MOCHA thundering down the dragstrip (she is on the right)

The reason he started this thread is less the orignal poster who was a moron, and more the 40-50 other people who are defending is ignorant riding as if it is perfectly acceptable, the norm, and even encouraged.
Correct MJ, My frustration was not with the one man as an individual, and but that as a collective, the forum seemed to support such behavior.

This is sad that this thread has more comments than most others. I tried to refrain from posted because it seems like squid behavior just to be commenting on this. But can we get some serious threads longer then 11 instead of jumping on the typical squid stuff that's been clubbed to death!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
So, your contribution thus far to our forum is to come in a show us pictures of your bike, tell us about your dyno trip, and gripe about what we discuss. We are a family here, most of us know each other pretty well, we know about each others personal lives, families, we share parts, ship parts overseas, and help in many ways, and yes we discuss many things.... Griping about what is discussed will not make you more welcome. I hope that some of my other thread meet your "serious criteria". I will be posting a "how to degree cams" later today....

#53 ·
But can we get some serious threads
Well these are some very hip and cool threads here, though I dont think thats what you are looking for.

But if you are looking for serious threads, as in SERIOUS threads, then should look no further than this. I'm not so sure on the pink tie, but it'll suit your pansy ass and match the colour of your butthurt buttcheeks.

#55 ·
:lmao:lmao:lmao

#63 ·
#65 ·
I love this site so much for it's no BS advice.......I'd stay here, even if I was to buy another bike!!!

#68 ·
Oakeys head protection ftw :lmao

#72 ·
I dont think there should be a cc rule. I and several others I know within my riding circle were all on 600s and up before the age of 18 and we are all fine. Given we all rode smaller bikes growing up and got our licenses on smaller bikes for the first year or so. also most of us all went to the track as soon as possible also so maybe we are not typical. However stupid kids are going to be stupid, and honestly if you look at the deaths it's honestly small compared to how many ride.

Kids do the same things in the cars, they go out and race them or drive stupid and it has nothing to do with how fast the car is it has to do with them not being responsible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.