Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

SRAD: Pay it forward

19K views 234 replies 52 participants last post by  LoneStranger1969 
#1 ·
Just been looking in the members forum and saw a thread where GSXR parts were being freely exchanged (apart from postage, I think). It seems like a great idea, but there's a load of wading through parts that aren't really relevant/useful to SRADs. So, I wondered if there'd be any interest in a SRAD specific version?

It'd be the same deal: you post up parts you're willing to send out free of charge to people who need them, and in exchange for getting a part you offer up a part or parts in exchange.

What do people think?

I don't mind starting: I've a thermostat and radiator cap knocking about that people are welcome to if they need it...

#2 ·
Good idea, I have given in the pay it forward (from Australia to USA, and paid the postage just for good measure), but never collected.

I'm after screen screws and lugs if anyone has any to donate.

Cheers, Ad

#3 ·
What colour Ads???

#4 ·
I have a feeling this should be in the classifieds.

John

#5 ·
I did think about it but figured that if no money's changing hands then it's not strictly part of the classifieds... and it'd likely get more interest in here. I guess we could still restrict to people who have the red 'R'...

#6 ·
^^^That could be an incentive, for anyone who hasn't, to get one!

#7 ·
there's a handful of people to watch in the original pay it forward thread who have SRAD parts. But agreed - it is more miss than hit. I've given and gotten a bit.

Also agreed - it would be nice to keep this outside the classifieds - however it would be a good incentive to those with no red R to get one if it was kept in the classifieds.

we shall see....

With that said...I'm looking for OEM levers, can be tweaked a bit, but MUST have the ball on the end. Also looking for a rear rim or front rotors :biggrin

#9 ·
hey lean are you looking for a 5.5 or a 6 inch? sradiator sent me a rear wheel a while back. like almost 2 years ago now. its a 5.5. just the bare rim with bearings. you pay shipping and its yours. i let a friend use it for a while and he painted it black. didnt do that good of a job so it would need paint.

This post has been deleted
#20 · (Edited)
I have stock levers, Stock Tail Light and chain guards. Will grab some pics when I get home.

EDIT: one lever gone already, clutch lever left but the perch is broke where the adjuster goes. Also have the clutch switch on it. I think I still have a chain guard for a 600 around too, but I didn't find it for this pic. Will look around some more and see if I can find it. Will update with anything else I find as well.

#25 ·
#28 ·
Bro, the RPC ones look good to me.
Whack 'em on the tab & I'll pay y'all soon.
Throw them in with the rearsets if you like!
Cheers, Ad

#31 ·
If anyone's got an 01-03 Gixxer and needs a deep smoke windscreen, I've got one for you.

So, why am I posting it here...in SRAD land...because I need to get an SRAD windscreen for my 2000 GSXR 600. (I ordered right....they sent the wrong thing...and won't take it back. :banghead )

#33 ·
I usually order my windscreen from pit-eck.com from their EBAY store though. They don't have our stuff on their site anymore. Roughly $34 shipped or something like that. And they have the lo-profile dbl bbl ones for our bikes :fact looks tons better IMO.

The last windscreen I got for free did the job, but it was so scratched up I ended up ordering a new one anyway. I still have it if you want it...it's clear though and looks like a bear walked on it. :dunno no broken tabs or cracks or anything. You can spray paint it or something.

#38 ·
:lmao this is funny because of what I put in my PM before seeing this :lol my excitement is now ruined :lmao but many thanks though - I have no idea what's in the box actually :cheers

Actually...that may work. The guys here in Fayetteville that painted my bike can probably do some good work with that. I'll PM you.
sounds good - I'll send you the pics first though just so you don't get it and be like damn....a bear really did walk on this thing :lol if it works for you, great, if not..chuck it in the trash.

#50 ·
Won this lot on Fleabay at the weekend. £10 the lot. Going to pick it up mid-week. I need a few of the bits myself and am not sure about the condition of it, but once I've sorted through it I'll post up a list of stuff I don't need that looks like it's in good working condition. It's from a carbed 750 from what I can gather.

Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor

Auto part Suspension part Suspension Automotive engine part Transmission part

#55 ·
Won this lot on Fleabay at the weekend. £10 the lot. Going to pick it up mid-week. I need a few of the bits myself and am not sure about the condition of it, but once I've sorted through it I'll post up a list of stuff I don't need that looks like it's in good working condition. It's from a carbed 750 from what I can gather.

View attachment 186658

View attachment 186659
trade ya a set of 600 forks for that tranny if its in decent shape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.