Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What made you smile today....

129K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Seeing how that other thread is doing pretty well....http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

I thought i'd get you guys to share what made you smile today....not my idea really, stolen from another forum :lmao

I'll start...4 days off, after 7 days of working late shift and hardly seeing the kids(notice how i never mentioned the wife :shifty :lmao nah i love her really)....phew!

#111 ·
#112 ·
Why thankyou SSF....any ideas on how many cans i need, to do front and rear wheels?

Can you also pm me the prep work on how to do this right?

Many thanks buddy....I couldn't find anything when i went to my local halfonts, as my son calls it...lol

#113 ·
Thanks guys! TT: I know it handles horrible and brakes are even worse, but it's not about that, I want to keep it Original no restoration, nothing just a really good cleaning up and add or replace the few missing or damaged parts

Armi np! As for the rattle can, you can! Prep is just like normal sand and primer (white) then coat it in construction paint of your choice, once it is all even coated spray some clear, that will give it the pop and gloss. You will probably require 2-3 can per wheel for the orange and same for the clear.

I had painted the rims on my car in that colour back in the day (early 90's) just like that, looked awsome! It was easy to touch uptoo. Mind you people pointed and laughed back then and now I see these twits driving around doing the same thing thinking how cool they are! i guess I was ahead of the times as usual! LOL

#114 ·
There's a matt fad, going on in the car scence right now.

Looks good on some exotic cars but on a small family car is just :facepalm

#115 ·
Armi, in reference to the painting, you only need to use a decent etch primer if you are going onto bare metal, if you are painting onto good paint then all you need to do it key it up, if your wheels are a single colour already then you don't need to use primer. prep is the key here, once you have keyed up the surface, use a tack rag and then panel wipe to clean up the area you are about to paint.

If you are going to use rattle cans I suggest you keep them warm, hot bucket of water and then wiping them down before painting is a good way to get decent pressure from them.. Don't go too heavy with the coats either

#117 ·
I'd have gone for Ccm's Engine first....no dis respect to Lean, just saying :nono

Well i'm pleased, cos' i've just won a single bike trailor :punk with big wheels and leaf sprung suspension.

Roll on Donnington :burnout

Need fresh brake fluid first.....and lockwire the grips....bloody things sliding on the throttle tube :hammer

#120 ·
Everytime this engine gets mentioned, i feel like saying fuck and just buy it.....Just wish I was in a better position to.
I'm sure whoever buys it, will be very pleased with it.....just a shame it's not gonna be me :dissapointed

#122 ·
Got this in the post today;

Even came with tear offs and pinlock;

#124 ·
Why do the magazines have crusty spots all over them?

#125 ·
Tea stains :shifty :lmao

Did you get the oil filler cap, can't see it?

#128 ·
Quick morning ride in the crisp cool air, never fails to put a smile on my face.

#131 ·
Osh's bike, but it was a bittersweet smile. Old bikes are a blast, and that's a damn handsome one. I'll never forget the obnoxious riiiiing-din-din-danadin of my old two stroke, as long as I live! Learning to cope with lots of weight moving way too fast with no brakes or shocks to speak of is pretty damn rewarding. Sure taught me how to broadslide, if nothing else... Although, it did also teach me how to tuck and roll. And slap a kill switch. And deadlift. Made my right leg noticeably more toned than my left once the starter quit, made me smell like oil, made my chode go numb after a long ride, and why oh why do I miss it so much?

#133 ·
Great points. I've never done so many repairs with so few tools. Half the time all I needed was a socket, a wire brush, and some WD-40. Laggy, low power, hard to start, won't start, smokes badly, idles rough, dies easily, powerband won't kick in, and your air filter's clean?

Clean the spark plug.

#136 ·
My promotion!

I become a Sergeant on 1 September, the list just came out today. It's a big step, and I've worked hard for it. Too bad I didn't get picked up on April Fool's Day like I did for my current rank, but you know what? 10 days before my birthday is pretty good timing.

High fives, all around! Near beer for everyone! No complaints, if I don't get to drink out here, then I'm not giving you lot real maginary booze. Enjoy your imaginary pretend beers, gixxer.com!

#138 ·
Having ago on this and then realising how good my bike was, in comparision....also blitzed a zx10r, yea i know....keep it for the track!

Really clean example too, with only 20k miles on it.

#140 ·
A car pulled out in front of me, while I was being abit enthusiastic with the throttle.......bloody things hard to change direction pronto and I thought the srad was an old bus :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.