Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What made you smile today....

130K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Seeing how that other thread is doing pretty well....http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

I thought i'd get you guys to share what made you smile today....not my idea really, stolen from another forum :lmao

I'll start...4 days off, after 7 days of working late shift and hardly seeing the kids(notice how i never mentioned the wife :shifty :lmao nah i love her really)....phew!

#817 ·
^:lmao That is determination, not stupidity!

Another box from Cobra comes today and my 'ole gal should be roadworthy tonight!
I should be able to put my fresh forks on tonight after work and take it for a victory lap around town.

It has been a long 32 days of hell.

#821 ·
Test ride went well! :shifty I think at least.
Suspension dialed in better than ever, need to drop oil weight in stabilizer, a little stiff at this temp.

Downside - FedEx didn't deliver and still waiting on some other stuff, but she is safe to be ridden again!

#822 ·
Swiping my security card on the way out of work makes me smile!

And also signing into GDC to see what you guys have been up to whilst I was away brings a grin also.

#823 ·
Ads your signature just made sense to me......of course you're a chef :idea Yea the penny just dropped :lol

#827 ·
That's cool, it was meant as a bit of a laugh; didn't think anyone would notice actually. I can be quite obtuse at times.
Some sauteeing may happen shortly, but hopefully no flambe.

Armi, best of the season to the Family and stay safe Brother.

FYI
Have just started working on the SRAD lately after the interuption of the operation, hopefully some good results soon.
That's if i can get time to do it, now the Missus claims that if I can work on a bike I can do the stuff around the house again (rendering, painting bla bla), NO fooling her.

Cheers
Adam

#826 ·
:thumbup

#829 ·
Hey Chris,

Oh, that tank...

Like I have so many brand new in box Suzuki tanks lying around...

Anyhoo, I just took a pic of it on my phone to put up in here of that freakin' awesome tank (yeah a bit late I know, have to post up the other awesome stuff that CCM has supplied me also).

The phone is still thinking, so while I just go and get a hammer to fix it....

I will be back...

Cheers
Adam

#830 ·
#833 ·
Massive thanks to Chris for entrusting this to me as "a brand new in box item" (hence me having it in storage to preserve my original bike and its colors), and to many thanks to Warren for helping with the shipping.

I can't wait to see his build.....He's accumulated loads of goodness in the past, I bet when he opens some of the boxes he's obtained, he'll be like. "oh yea, I'd forgotten about that!"
Yeah, Armi.

I have a lot of parts from all around the world, (I think Africa is the only one not yet used; but never say never)

You have helped me out when seriously needed (for those reading, DON'T assume that he is a shipping courier, or that because he did me a favour that he will do it for you. I'm merely thanking a mate from the other side of the pond who has shipped for me, and I have done the same for him + sent him inexpexted goodies for his troubles).

Hamill (John) deserves a massive thanks too, and he always knows that he has a favour (or 2) up his sleeve with me.

Bloody hell, long post!

Front Brembo's fitted, bled and strong.
Rear brembo (CCM, thanks), fitted and strong.

Honestly, all the bike really needs is some hard graft from yours truely.

Stay safe for Xmas all,
and all the best of the season to you and the family.

Cheers
Adam

#832 ·
I can't wait to see his build.....He's accumulated loads of goodness in the past, I bet when he opens some of the boxes he's obtained, he'll be like. "oh yea, I'd forgotten about that!"

#835 ·
^
Without great guys like yourself, it wouldn't happen!

To all else out there, I'm not being a suck up: but without the faciliators such as Chris, Warren etc; the SRAD love and knowledge wouldn't be where it is today.

And that's my touchy feel good post for the year.

Cheers
Adam

#846 ·
Well Happy Birthday to you dear boy..........hope you have a fandabiduzi day :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.