Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What made you smile today....

130K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Seeing how that other thread is doing pretty well....http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

I thought i'd get you guys to share what made you smile today....not my idea really, stolen from another forum :lmao

I'll start...4 days off, after 7 days of working late shift and hardly seeing the kids(notice how i never mentioned the wife :shifty :lmao nah i love her really)....phew!

#530 ·
She is probably the main reason why this country is in the shit state its in. The only thing she got right in her time as pm was resign

#533 ·
Thought I'd lose my license today..Normal run to work and got stuck at the lights at Dollis Hill at the junction of Edgware road A5................90% of the time, as I turn right I pin it.Go up a couple gears, then slow down for the garage on the right.

This afternoon did the same thing at the lights.....took a glance to my left and no coppers, so pinned it.....As I took the right into the garage,a police bike pulled in behind me :suicide

Took my helmet off and slowly walked upto him with my head down........."What was that all about?" He says......"Yea, it was stupid" I replied, thinking shit, either points, or ban!

Pretty stupid doing that with 2 police bikes in the petrol station, on the right...one with a radar gun :facepalm

Goes on to ask what I had the previous 3 points for blah blah blah.

Then he noticed my tyres and asked if I had been to a track day recently,to which I replied" yes"...as though it was something to be ashamed of.:redface:

Anyway once he was satisfied the bike was mine he says."is the bike in good order" :scratch errr yea it is.

"OK I won't check.......be careful next time", he says..........."come again" I thought, he only let me go :punk

Says," Look I'm a biker too, we're not all bad ya know"!!!

MR Officer sir......whoever you are.....THANKYOU......Smiled all day I did!!!:)

#535 ·
In my experience coppers on bikes are bike safe excuse the pun. They love bikers as long as they don't act a cock when they've been pulled.

Only time I've felt the harsh hand was a white cap in a car but on reflection. He was only doing his job

#536 ·
Good one on ya, Armi. Pulled that one off, did you.
I spend my entire day off applying these Window treatments with images that I designed to all the upper windows across the dealership, 9 hours, but it looks great, it's me taking the picture in the reflection, not my service manager standing next to me.... Before you guys start.

#537 ·
The writing on the doors all wrong :shifty

#541 ·
It's those eyes I tell ya...

The sign writing on the door is in reverse!

Looks really cool that but you should've had one of the pictures of YOU on track.....lol

And I smiled every time I looked at my ZX7RR AMA F-USA bike today, you guys should see it, wow, and in about two more weeks.... Holy sh#t
I like how you gave the bike the FULL title of, RR AMA F-USA bike :p
What's happening in 2 weeks?!

#543 ·
I have the 5-spoke Marchesinis in for powder coating in white (the 3-spoke Martchesinis are on now and they are green, fresh power coat but that's too much green).
Yes to the CF air tubes....I have CF air tubes now, but they have been crashed on on the track and have duct tape wrapped around them.
I also have a few other thing going on....

#544 · (Edited)
Ooooh, those tubes look very nice. Mine came to me with fiber tubes and front wheel cover. Any tips for refinishing those tubes? Mine were taped at one point as well, and the clearcoat is peeling.

#545 ·
Watching wwe in London. Great night great match ups. Its OK for a 32 year old to still watch isn't it.

#546 ·
No it's not.........grow up :shifty

It's not real Ya know!!!

#549 ·
My son put his fallen tooth under his pillow one night, without telling us...he was VERY dis appointed, when he woke up without a golden nugget!

When I realized what happened, I told him not to worry and try again tonight..........needless to say, he woke up the next morning, with an apology letter from the tooth fairy and a £2 coin :lol

#551 ·
Tooth fairy no I don't believe in her. But it was an entertaining evening for me and the kids so well worth it. Plus the undertaker was wrestling

#553 ·
Watching Duck Dynasty.......them red necks are stupid funny :lmao

#554 ·
Caught in a torrential downpour @ work... But had just packed my rain gear in the backpack last night. What made me smile was all the poor schmucks that had none! Lots of soggy bikers today, but I wasn't one of them.

#557 ·
Yea.saw it last night and thought how on earth do stupid people like that make so much money :scratch......Bee's don't sting at night :lmao Was gigling last night watching that, while everyone else was asleep.
I'm kinda taking a liking to red necks :twitch

Down this way too Chris, along with:
Pawn Stars
Baggage Battles
Moonshiners
Storage Wars
Rat Bastards
Swamp Loggers
and alot more!
Yea we got those here too Gavin.....though not heard of Baggage Battles, or Rat Bastards...

#558 ·
Was driving the bus through Oxford Street on the 189 towards Marble Arch..It's a small road and very busy and cyclist fecker always get in the way!

Anyway as I was driving down there........ahead of me some girl crossed the road, without looking(stupid girl I might add) right in front of the cyclist!
Went flying over the handlebars he did, then the bike flew over him :lmao
Feckers always get in the way :shifty
Sorry Chris :twitch

#560 ·
No wasn't you Mark...tbh I did feel sorry for the cyclist for a split second :shifty .....he looked at the young lady in disgust, the poor girl didn't know where to look and briskly crossed the road :lmao
As I drove past her, I wanted to get eye contact, so I could gesture with my finger that she was a naughty girl but she never looked up :lmao

#561 ·
Did a bunk from work today, what with the good weather supposedly disappearing by tomorrow..

Anyways, went out on the Busa to have a natter & cuppa with the resto chap doing my LC, ended up coming the long way home and popping out near my local BMW dealer..

Salesman was a nice chap(and a fellow LC owner!) so after a brief chat I made some noises about interest & test ride on the S1000R.

They had a demo bike , sporting a Akro pipe (I think it was an Akro)they just sold that day and rather handily, had taken the limiter off ...

After signing my life away, I rode off the forecourt and popped it in race mode at the first set of lights, as you do.

Ive made comment in the past about how these things are getting too revvy now, torque and peak HP being too high and to be fair the power is stacked well up top but in reality ,after a weaker spell up to 4Kish (...and I was looking for this, the Busa is a torque monster with 99ft lb at a lowly 7,000RPM), I was really surprised at how hard it drove.

So much so I reckon after 90MPH in a top gear roll on, the Busa's torque being blunted by its weight and longer gearing , the BMW revving harder and faster , with snappier gearing would leave my Busa flondering.

It handled beautifully, brakes are like all modern stuff now, just not comparable to kit from the 90s , it was amazingly fast, really quite comfy , aside from the really intrusive anti wheelie(couldnt find how to switch that off on my 60 mile ride) it is an amazing bike, im glad I went out on it thats for sure

...but I still prefer the Ducati 1198, the BM is "just" another IL4 with more go and handling I cant exploit, as an all round experience, the Duke edges it for me.

Maybe its more of an age thing for me nowadays, 10-20 years ago maximum HP was all I(we) was bothered about, looking at how diverse motorcyles are now, is a great thing in my book, I really enjoyed the BMW but I CANT WAIT to ride my LC !

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.