Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What made you smile today....

129K views 1K replies 168 participants last post by  TwistedMister 
#1 ·
Seeing how that other thread is doing pretty well....http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331963

I thought i'd get you guys to share what made you smile today....not my idea really, stolen from another forum :lmao

I'll start...4 days off, after 7 days of working late shift and hardly seeing the kids(notice how i never mentioned the wife :shifty :lmao nah i love her really)....phew!

#496 ·
I got my carbide bits in for my rotary tool. And started opening up the exhaust ports on the spare cylinder head I bought. Now I am starting to polish my handy work

#497 ·
What you polishing it with DJ?
A polishing kit?
Should I do the same to the 400 head, while it's off?

#498 ·
I bought a rotary kit from maplins. Got some carbide burrs from Amazon to remove material. Gonna get some other bits to polish it off. Probably opened up by around 10%. Gotta finish up matching the ports but using emery to polish

#504 ·
What I picked up today.:biggrin

Magnesium 17"

Anyone know where to get the cush drive rubbers?

Attachments

#505 ·
I need those. Awesome!

#507 ·
That WOULD be the icing on the cake, on your bike mate!!!

#511 ·
Remember to include in your search that SRAD wheels are the same as TLR TLS and Hayabusa up to 08.

These came off a TLR.

There have been a few on Ebay.

I am going to make an axle for these to fit on my SRAD 1000 and 2007 GSXR 1000. Originally I was (and am) going to use them on my 1998 750 Track bike.

Is there a set you have found somewhere without a Sprocket Carrier? Is there anyone has a spare Sprocket Carrier that someone could borrow to copy? I might know someone who could make one.

#512 ·
I have come across a few sets without the carrier. I searched high and low and came up with nothing. Special order from marchesini, and if they are old enough wheels that's not even an option. I guess they have to be off the same model/yr bike to fit. With all the different offsets they dont mix and match.

#513 ·
I had an enjoyable day (trip) out with my brother today at a motorcycle dealers in Kidderminster.

He's bought a 1996 VFR750 to run alongside his 996SPS.

For £1900 he got a bike that has covered just 4,200 miles by the original owner.

Both keys present, original bill of sale(£9000)every invoice, MOT,service, handbooks , all the tax discs etc etc...AND the dealer had done an oil service, put new plugs in it and overhauled the carbs just last week, years MOT and 6 months tax.

It looks nearly new, only real negative perhaps is that the original owner never got round to wearing out the OE tyres we think, so its on its original rubber, just for another day or so.

The pictures speak volumes...as a bonus(for me) , they also had a mint VF1000R in Rothmans colours up for sale with just 6,000 miles on it, id love it but £10,500 is mad money..

Attachments

#514 ·
Broke the slide off the MJN carbs that I have......look at "what pissed you off thread"...

So in an emergency I called my local carb ninja :chucks across the pond :)

He talked me through what to do....and she's purring like a pussy cat....have to confirm tomorrow though, when I go for a ride :lol

#516 ·
^^^ Wasn't it!!!

Gonna be a GREAT season :punk

#517 ·
Rossi's back. What if he didn't run on at the start of the race. Lorenzo has gotta be worried. Marquez easily beat pedrosa as well

#520 ·
Shut up its still f-ing cold in this country.

#522 ·
Undertaker vs cm punk at wrestlemania :) come on taker

#524 ·
A monster that decimated this country in the 80's?

#526 ·
One could only hope!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.