Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Is there a what have you done to your bike today thread on here???

54K views 795 replies 73 participants last post by  K1K0 
#1 ·
Had a quick search and did'nt see one....only searched in the SRAD section, as thats all i'm concerned about.
Did'nt want to revive my old build but wanted to share and see what others have done, rather than seeing posts of people asking questions of issues they are having.
If there is then :suicide :dunno:bitchslap:biggrin

Anyway, here's what I done.
Awhile back I got a replacement front fairing, as mine was broken.
Painted it and was quite happy with the results until I laquered it....for some reason, the tank looked textured, rather than smooth as before :banghead
Put it down to a faulty canister.
Today I sanded it down again and repeated process but with a fresh can of laquer.
Put the decal Scooby601 very kindly sent me on the front as well to finish it off(Thanks again mate!), also put the decals on the tank that i'd had missing for ages.
Here's the pics;

I know they don't quite match but doesn't bother me right now.

So what have you guys done?

See less See more
#492 ·
Bollox :dissapointed

Where you get them from John?

#494 ·
^^^ Thankyou sir!!!

#498 · (Edited)
These days I've been working on several Srads, also mine.

I've worked on 2 cylinder head and have made a 600-750 Fi swap, including front end, rear swingarm, engine and wiring. Also have found an Ohlins rear shock for my Srad having it fully serviced like the WP Steering damper.

The Swap... Srad '98 600 with 750 FI engine. The engine had a crack in the cylinder head and was running with the 600 carbs and CDI. Repaired the engine and swapped the wiring, throttle bodies... fork, yokes, swingarm...:wacko

Carbon fiber effect, very cool

This is my bike, fitting the ohlins shock and working the head

#500 ·
Wish I was adept enough to do some engine work..

Fitted this today...

#502 ·
^^^Looks like a skilled enthusiast to me........not feeling the carbon wrap though.

Fitted a crude seat and bum pad to the track seat unit;

#504 ·
#505 ·
Did a few things this morning at 5am!:wacko Installed new fuel lines and mixture screw on my CRF and installed my Damper from Armi! He might not recognize it though!!:cheers

Attachments

#506 · (Edited)
#507 ·
#510 ·
What like this

Automotive tire Tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Vehicle

Osh....need a better pic of the CRF buddy, where the whole bike is on view.
You're right....thats NOT my damper :shifty

#511 ·
Why is it when I want to delete a post, I can NEVER find the option?!?!?!

#517 ·
Mr. Smurph.....I got some 600 carbs that weren't running right.
The bike smelt of fuel when on the bike....you're welcome to try them while you're waiting!

Sorry I never mentioned it before but i thought i took somethings off them but not sure....could go over them for you but am NO Ccm!

You could pick them up tomorrow, or let me go over them, in a few days....got 12 hour shifts and want to go gym in my break, so time is tight!

#518 ·
Thanks armi got notification from customs that I gotta pay to get my carbs:-( good news I'll ave them tomorrow. Then I can claim back the charges.

#520 ·
So was I. The reason I got custom charges is because they had not been put down as personal effects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.