Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Lucky Me

7K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  anthonyrr 
#1 ·
One of my best friends bought his dream house right on Lake Toledo Bend, Texas about 7 months ago. Two weeks ago, the back of it caught on fire and burned the Living/Dining wall that looks out on the lake. Insurance is going to give him $1500.00 to replace the windows and door on that wall.

I went back and looked in our warehouse at work to see what we had laying around that I could get for him. I found a Brand new in the box $4500.00 Andersen double door and two really large picture windows to give him a great view to the lake. I worked a deal with my boss for $1500.00 for everything. My friend was so happy.

When I showed up with the truck and trailer to deliver it all, he told me to take the bike back with me. I think his new wife had a lot to do with that decision. Look at the bike and you will see why. 70 MPH low side in the mud and he didn't have a helmet on. He rode it home. He was banged up and bruised but otherwise O.K.

I have the title and it belongs to me now. I rode it today and it runs straight and true, very quickly!!

Lucky me.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Motorcyclist magazine built a nice streetfighter out of a RR. Although, it is a really nice looking ride if repaired...Congrats on the score

#8 ·
I swear we've seen this one before... :scratch

Lucky you... :)

#27 ·
After putting some miles on this machine, I think I took all the fun out of the bike.

I changed the dynamics of the bike putting the risers and Moto-x bars on it.

Its great until 90 MPH, after that It gets sketchy and that's in a straight line. Turn in is worst also. I think its too light in the front. I tried it and don't like it.

So now what? TRACKBIKE!!

I keep telling myself just use orange for this, I just can't. I still ride Orange more than the CBR and it still needs a clutch and tune.

This is way to much bike for my first trackbike, I know that, but its what I have.

#29 ·
I have just purchased an Erion Racing triple clamp and a VFR 750 17" front wheel. (Good call on this one TJS). The Triple, along with the 17" wheel was suppose to calm the twitchiness of the turn in.

I glad to here you say it might be easier to learn with!

Orange is special to me, I just can't turn it into a trackbike.

Where can we meet up next year for a track event?

#31 ·
I looked at where VIR and Summit Point are and that's a long way from Houston.

Barber looks like somewhere in between us. I wonder if they do track days there?

To be worth the drive, it would have to be a track weekend!

I know all about funds being tight.

I just spent all my motorcycle fund on a few things for the Honda.

I can't wait to test my Erion triples and 17" wheel on turn in.

I'll keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.