Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

my 7/1216 at Talladega

938 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  cigarette38 
#1 ·
This is from Tally two weeks ago and it was a 2 wave start. We were in the second wave and I'm the fat ass on the red 86 7/12 with the 2001 tail section. First wave was B superbike so all the modern 750 Suzuki's and any 600 that want to bump up. you can't see it but we finally caught 4 of those guys and got passed them. The guy on the black F4 is Brian Mullins he and I raced together for many years so we are comfortable racing close. He raced an XR 1200 at Indy two years ago when Moto GP was there. The bad you can watch me miss a shift twice and get passed by Brian. The good I passed him with two to go to win the race. The funny watch the rear end get loose going into the farm house turn when we get by the first 750.

#6 ·
Ok because I believe in sharing the good with the bad, here's the second race. In this race it is a one wave start and we are gridded behind heavy weight twins Superbikes. In other words the new Panigale's and triumph 675's. I get a good start then get a good drive out of the double left and pass two bikes into one. If you look close in the second big left hander you will see me running off in the grass. Tried to go around the outside of one of the Ducs and we hit shoulders, he didn't know I was out there and I couldn't get it turned in without tucking the front. Now here's a fun fact, bike 626 the black Honda , Brian bought this bike and another Honda just like it two weeks ago for 1400 bucks. One bike was a nice streetbike and the bike he is riding had been a racebike all it's life. I think it was a 94 F3 and had 4,147 miles on it. It had sat in someones garage for over 15 years, Brian bought it changed all the fluids, cleaned the carbs, freshened up the Fox shock and raced it. I returned to the track and got within 20 feet of this pack before I ran out of talent and ran off again. Oh well got it back on track and finished the race. I enjoy races like this where the racing is close and trying to get around people is a challenge. Tuna sighting in V7 and V8 | 13x Forums

#8 ·
This is with WERA. I'm doing the Desmo track day at CMP Monday the 16th then a WERA double header at Savannah memorial day. Then it gets interesting, Gingerman, Road America and Barber in June. July is Mid Ohio with the AMA vintage, Tally and maybe New Jersey. Fun, Fun fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.