Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Starter or starter clutch

555 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chris38 
#1 ·
Ok my friends i need a little help yet agian. I came home for holidays to be with family and ride my 91 gsxr750. Of course battery was weak so i put it on charge. Went to start it after charge and it tried after many many turns. Then it seemed battery was dead agian. I ran and got a brand new one put it in and it fired right up. went for a ride and all seemed great. 14.5 charging. Shut it off and starter wouldnt start it. The starter seemed very hot (solinoid was not stuck). After it cooled off it fires right back up??
Could the clutch be stuck causeing the starter to spin while rideing? Or is that not possible and it is the starter? I may have toasted it trying to start it on a weak battery? Help?

#2 ·
Shut it off and starter wouldnt start it -no turning over?
The starter seemed very hot -compared to the motor?
Could the clutch be stuck causeing the starter to spin while rideing?-no it would have flown to pieces

#3 ·
I was thinking the same old gixxer. Just wasn't sure. Its not as hot as the motor but its hot to touch after 30 min ride. Then it just drags bad till i let it cool off then it spins great. Bike was running excellent when i left 2 weeks ago. I might have messed it up trying to start it so much with the fuel shut off. Oops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.