Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

GSXR 750 1988 restore proces by Silv

21K views 81 replies 27 participants last post by  Silvestro 
#1 ·
Hi,my name is Sylwester im from Poland and I'm new here. I came here to show my little slingshot and get some knowledge. I'm begining my adventure with "oilers" but I always liked them, as I always say it's ugly and loud. Im young but I love 80'-90' automotive. I baught my GSXR to restore it and have god time while riding when I'll be old guy :). Some pics:

the bike isn't perfect :( upper fairing cracked (I serch but without succes), some scratches, dents- but its 88' so it has right to be as it is.
the painting is faded and that is for me biggest problem.
For the begining I want to start the motor clearance, put some K&N pods, Jet kit, make some cylinder head work maybe rebuild whole engine and put some others details as windshield, race track brake pump, sets etc. I already had some inspiration from this forum ;)
Sorry for my english ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a nice looking bike. I've been speaking english for over 30 years . Still don't have the hang of it. Don't worry about it. Most people get shit because they are kids who know how to speak (Type) , but choose to be an asshat anyway ;Cheers .Welcome

Reactions: potshot
#4 ·
welcome! :cheers

nice looking bike. i would keep it as-is, and enjoy. well, i would change the gold colored exhaust canister. save your time and money. that is a mostly original bike, which is better than a custom painted. it will perform well for street use. focus on maintenance; brakes, suspension, tires, carb synch, oil-change, etcetera. fit an ohlins, fox, wp or any other aftermarket shock.

#5 · (Edited)
thanks for support.
Yes, I know the oryginal painting would be the best but because cracked upper fairing and painting defects I cant sleep :/ (IF SOMEONE HAVE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION and price please pm)
I think that that old school exhaust fit great but I'm also looking for another yoshi can. I've got a lot of ideas but only barrier is cash, I also wan't to buy another slingshot and build typical racetrack bike :)

edit.
my nightmare

#6 ·
during the restoration i've got some questions.
1. does the gsxr 1000 K1 callipers will fit to my slingshot brake calliper bracket???
2. does the rear seat cowl foam pad is the same as in gsxr 1991-92???
3. does the 1100 90' front cowling is the same as 750 88' because I saw that my fairing has two wholes on sides and 1100 has three???

collecting some race track suit ;)

some of them are brand new :cheers

#16 ·
during the restoration i've got some questions.
1. does the gsxr 1000 K1 callipers will fit to my slingshot brake calliper bracket???
Haven't tried, but I seriously doubt it.

2. does the rear seat cowl foam pad is the same as in gsxr 1991-92???
91-92 are the same, 88-90 750 and 89-90 1100 are the same

3. does the 1100 90' front cowling is the same as 750 88' because I saw that my fairing has two wholes on sides and 1100 has three???
The mids and uppers are different between the 750's and 1100's. The lowers are the same. The uppers are different because the 750 has the clip-ons below the upper fork brace and the 1100's are above it, so if you want to switch fairings between them you have to take this into consideration.

cheers

This post has been deleted
#15 ·
thanks Niels btw. I was in Groningen about 8 years ago when I was on practice from school on Borkum island :) beautiful city!

ok some new pics, start to reassembly motorcycle and I've found out that I've some kind of sport exhaust monifold, probably from that sebring exhaust

On the end of month I go to my buddy (he makes wonders with motorcycles) to rebuild engine.

now guys what do You think- yoshi carbon or aluminium?

and I have to convert tha intake from sebring exhaust monifold which is 69mm to yoshi which is carbon 50mm or aluminium 47 and now question. Could it have some negative effects on engine running?

#25 ·
as I remember yes but so far I don't think about selling them.

today came two misterious boxes

first one

and inside

brand new gsxr 1100 90' gas tank :punk

and the second box

brand new front cowling :punk

I love that sensation when opening those boxes.
With my 750 88' still fight my buddy. soon dyno run before angine inspection. After that second run ;)

#27 ·
today came two misterious boxes

. . .

brand new front cowling :punk

I love that sensation when opening those boxes.
With my 750 88' still fight my buddy. soon dyno run before angine inspection. After that second run ;)
Holly CR@P.... A 1985 NOS cowl... Those just don't exist anymore in NOS condition. Wow!

#29 ·
Nice!

I'm looking for another red/black 85 cowl so if you happen to see one that you aren't buying, please let me know. I'm also looking for a 1985 tank to match the upper but I think those are both pipe-dreams.

You'll have to post some pictures of the blue/white bike that belongs to the upper. Nice stuff :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.