Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Brake rotor resurfacing

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  TeflonTrout 
#1 ·
I ran across a company that resurfaces motorcycle brake rotors. It's called True Disk and is located in Michigan. Somebody ought to send a pair of rotors to them and see how they do...

JR

#7 ·
No, I haven't contacted them since the ones I need to resurface won't need to be done for a year or two. I think if you look at their website, there is some riceing info. My memory says it's $40 per rotor but you might check it again. I just heard about it over the weekend and thought it was worth a mention. I wouldn't think they could fix a badly warped rotor but I have a few cast iron race rotors with a little surface rust on them and I'd prefer to have them blanchard ground (or whatever these guys are doing, which looks okay to me) then to just sand them by hand.

JR

#9 ·
I wouldn't cut any rotor. This looks like it might be similar to what we used to do to Honda car rotors back when I was a dealer, years ago. We had a machine that ground both sides of a rotor at the same time.

You might ask them how they do what they are doing. I think they do both cast iron and stainless.

JR

#11 ·
A fellow Washingtonian, eh? What did you do- try growing cherries? Now THERE's a fool's errand. Hope your financial situation improves. Just so you know, even when the times are tough, the Army's always hiring- worked for me!

#13 ·
magnetic surface grinder,,??...i used to get 2nd gen stock rotors surfaced back in the day,,my machinist was making me a bunch of custom stailess steel full floating buttons to put them back together,,,worked pretty slick,,and looked good,,,still got some in a box somewhere,,

#15 ·
Nah, that's custom! Put them for sale on CL as special lightweight extra grippy "ripple rotors."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.