Part for my slabside - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Motorcycle: GSXR 1000K2, GSV 250, GSXR 750 85
Part for my slabside

I am currently rebuilding an GSXR 750 F 1985 [ Slapside ] and have an option of buying a GSX750F [ Katana or teapot ] 1989 model for cheap,to part out.

What parts could i use off it ?? I need calipers, longer swing arm, speedo drive. and lots of small thingos to long to mention.

Are the wheels and suspension any use to me ?? is the engine same same as the GSXR 750
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Lifetime Premium
Motorcycle: I don't ride anything. Who has the time? Plus, everything I own is in pieces.
Re: Part for my slabside

I probably wouldn't buy a Katana to use as a parts bike for a GSX-R. There are a few parts that might be the same but not very many.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Motorcycle: 1986 GSXR 7/12

^ +1, what he said^ ...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Lifetime Premium
Motorcycle: 1985 GSXR 750, 1986 GSXR Limited, GSXR750RK (in restoration mode), 1973 GT-750 (no longer have, looking for another)

Yeah, not much on a Katana would be direct swap and nothing would really be performance update. I'd pick up the speedo drive from the dealer. I picked up one for my 85 two or three years ago so I expect they still have stock today. Calipers can probably be had from the Classifieds on this site and you can probably get a line on anything else you're looking for as well.

Why do you want to lengthen the swing-arm? The 85 was slightly shorter than the 86/87 and is a bit more stable but lengthening it will affect the geometry of the bike.

Andrew Wasson

I'm building a self-serve registry for listing our bikes from all around the world.
List your bike here:
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode