Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

TRE for gsxr 1000 L2

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rf600lifeon 
#1 ·
Hello . I am going to buy and use TRE, i know that it retards ECU that gear is always in 5th ot 6 th . But i have few questions and i hope guys you will help me.

1) what is the resoult of using TRE . Will i have faster acceleration ? . In 1 -2 -3 gear i will have more power?

2) if i will use tre . Then in my motorcycle monitor gear will be always shown like ots in 5th even when i am in 1th ? Or it will retard computer but in monitor everything will stay ?

3) which tre is good for my bike ? Is this one good to buy ?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Smart-TRE-Rac...busa-TL1000r-TL1000s-/132045030203?nav=SEARCH

4) how is it possible to have Switch on and off tre ? I mean for example to have butten or somthing to switch on my TRE only when i want to use it and not all time ? I have to buy this smart TRe and then add somthing myself for swithc on off or is there Some TRE which already have structure with switch on off ? If there is somthing like this please link me

Thank friends for wasting time for me and helping i realy appriciate it

See less See more
#2 ·
I found just a TRE alone doesnt do anything really noticeable worth the cost/effort.

With all that needs doing on the 09+ bikes it is worth getting a flash or retune. This deals with all the aspects needing attention- timing retard, removal of the cat convertor and O2 sensor, disabling the PAIR valve, disabling and removing the SET valve.
Honestly though id recommend a full tune as you can then get your timing and AFRs spot on after the removal of all that aformentioned stuff and get the bike running just right.

#3 ·
TRE?
My K5 Liter came with a Z-bomb TRE already on it. The gear indicator light still works fine.
Apparently, the K5 did not come with a Cat conv., and the SET valve has been removed too.
It has a Full carbon Yoshi muffler, and no spark arrenstor- (you can stick a rod all the way down the pipe to the header.
It also has a K&N air cleaner- FWIW.

This was all done before I obtained ownership.
It throws no codes/FI lights.

It runs like a Raped Monkey in the first 3 gears also!!

Maybe not getting an ebay knock off, b/c mine works fine, and the gear indicator works fine too!

#10 ·
no, nothing you will notice.
From memory when i did a bit of research on it it is the timing retarded at smaller throttle openings and rpm. so it makes throttle response feel a bit better for casual riding. but it does not increase acceleration or hp at all.
I still got a smart TRE and i still couldnt notice anything really. dont bother.

#7 ·
TRE and -1/+2 gearing is not going to allow you to beat that S1000RR that keeps kicking your ass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.