Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

NICECYCLE-A negative experience

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  8you4t 
#1 ·
I'm not one to complain about shopping experiences online, but I believe this one that I had with NICECYCLE bears telling, to warn others interested in buying from them.

I ordered Convertibars for my 2005 GSXR1000 as well as clutch line, throttle lines and brake lines. I had difficulty in having the order processed by them due to problems with supplying my credit card information. It kept getting thrown back. In frustration I clicked off their site.

The next day I receive an email inquiring as to the problem. I emailed them and also spoke to "Billy" by telephone. He was fine. I basically explained the problems and advised I would use my paypal account.

A few hours later I got an email from NICECYCLE, no name shown as to who was the actual sender, stating that if I ordered within 24 hours of the time on the email, they would give me a 10% discount. Excellent! So I ordered via paypal and it went through.

Two days later I get an email from "Kyle", apparently a supervisor. It was polite, brief and to the point.

"Hello.

Thanks for the order. Unfortunately we are out of stock on this item at this time. We have issued you a complete refund and apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your business!"

I immediately checked the NICECYCLE site. The convertibars for my bike are still shown as available. Why like SPORTBIKETRACKGEAR, is the item not shown as being out of stock.

Strangely enough 2 hours after the date on the time on the email from Kyle cancelling my order, I got one from Billy in response to my email thanking them for the 10% discount. It was obvious from his reply that he was unaware that the order had been cancelled.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel they cancelled my order because they didn't want to give me the 10% discount. I was going to order from them anyway. The discount was just a plus.

In my opinion not the way to conduct business. I think Kyle must have a sense of humour because him stating "We appreciate your business" was surely said in jest.

See less See more
#4 ·
Can't disagree on the lack of communication. What can't be disputed is that they advertised a product for sale ie. available, (Just checked and it is still shown on their site as available.) when in fact according to them it isn't. So why haven't they removed it in view of what happened to me?

When cancelling my order I don't see why they couldn't have apologized, as they did, and then advised that when the parts were in stock, they would advise me and I could reorder if I wish, with the 10% discount. Surely it would have been in their best interests to do so in order to get my money. They didn't which is why this was their way of renaging on the 10% discount.

#6 ·
Nothing new for online retailers. I had an issue with SportBikeTrackGear a few years ago with a throttle assembly. Their supplier's (tuckerrocky I think) inventory feed said "in stock", so their website said "in stock". In reality, it was out of stock. Do you really think these online resellers have every single part in their warehouse? I don't care who it is, MotoMummy, STG, IndySuperbikes, MotorcycleSuperstore, etc. They all stock some things and either drop ship, or pass through everything else. STG could have the premier inventory management system, but if TR has an error in their inventory it really doesn't matter. In today's online shopping, "in stock" is more often more accurately "we think we can get it quick".

#7 ·
I didn't realize how often this is true across the board for different products until I recently was trying to buy a new Vortex scope. I was trying to figure out how EVERYONE was out of a particular scope & would be for months until I found that even the largest outfits were simply selling & drop shipping. I found ONE guy that actually stocked scopes & had one in stock. It cost a little more, but at least I could get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.