Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

HELP HELP ME. Pls. Or The 1000 K1 gets it !!

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  madadd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey All

Really hope some of you guys have some ideas of what is up with my 1000 K1.

Where do I start!!

Over the last month or two, its started to, Well sort of blubber, or chase revs. if you get my meaning. eg, from 5k up its like it pulls then stops then pulls then stops, etc all the way thru to max rpm.

feels like its shudering all the time, if you nail it, it pulls like fook, but you can still feel that its sort of shudering. hold it at 7k and you can really feel its doing it.
The revs are chasing up and down bout 500 revs + & -

Ive checked and changed loads.

The following items are with and with out, done both to pin down the prob:

1. Power Commander 5
2. Zero map
3. TRE
4. Pair
5. swapped intake sensor
6. Swapped Air Temp Sensor
7. Swapped Fuel Pump
8. Swapped Coil Plugs
9. New Spark Plugs
10. Removed all mods, PC and Auto Tune, TRE, Pair, Air filter etc.

Its got a Stubby GP exhaust link pipe and can. Was working fine with this for a month or two after fitting, with and without PC5, with either the zero map or tuned map.

It feels like its a fueling problem. with the pcv tuned map, it seemed like it was massively over fueling in low revs, up to 4.5-5k. With zero map Autotune removes 15+% fuel, from all over the range, so its some how massively over fueling.

checked plugs and this seemed right as the were black, so well rich. The Autotune removed nearly 18 percent fuel low end, and sorted bottom end out roughness out.

But mid and top are shite. But as said, pin it and it will pull straight thru to max, although you can still feel the juddering, like it wants to go, then not, then does,then not, etc. but through to max rpm.

Gearbox was rebuilt a year ago, due to previous owner popping wheelies all the time. new gears, bearings etc.

Any Ideas ???

Im thinking change the cam chain tensioner, but theres no noise from it. And yep, ive balanced throttle boddies and set TPS and STPS. Bikes only got 12k on it.

At a total loss, and ready to give up.

Adam
Stressed Out Gixxer Owner!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
The fuel filters (there is an external serviceable filter and a larger internal non-serviceable filter) on these older 1ks are notorious for getting dirty and causing upper RPM fuel starvation, check your fuel flow. :cheers

#8 ·
Just changing the pump does not change the filter, need to change the whole assembly (the big black plastic section that the pump plugs into is where the filter is), that is where the internal filter is, the external filter is basically just a screen at the bottom of the assembly.

#13 ·
I had a slightly different problem- don't know if this will help or not, but it's the same bike pretty much- 1000 K2.. Here's what fixed mine:

I had herky jerky between whatever RPM I let the clutch out at, up to 4k. Then it was fine. I got the bike used, so it's taken me some time to do the sluethwork, but I found that the PC3 that came with it a) wasn't even connected to the fuel injector connectors (I didn't realize it is supposed to light up at all, so I thought it was running), and b) had the wrong map in it.

I finally did the homework and read up on the PC3.. I powered it up, figured out what map was in it, replaced that with the right map. That made it perhaps 60% better. But, I noticed the bar indicators on the PC were not at the lowest one at idle. I then set the throttle position sensor for the PC at zero (the bike's TPC was already at the proper setting per service manual).. I then turned off the motor, and made sure the 100% and 50% throttle settings were correct too. Now no more herky jerky. Bike is now a smooth machine across the rev range.

I suppose it is entirely possible, that if you'd not zero'd out your TPS in your PC5, or if the other parts of the throttle range are off, your bike is getting the wrong part of the map in the RPM range where you're experiencing the jerkiness?

Also, did someone else already mention, have you checked your cush drive yet? Just in case it's worn and not deadening the shock of the motor's drive...
Jason

#14 ·
the rev range is messy all way thru. with or without PC5. Tps is correct.
Think got it down to crank sensor or cam sensor or ECU.

Putting osc scope across them wednesday, and injector wiring to check peak voltage and frequencies, this will tell whats going on. Found out that the crank sensor can be crappy and not through error code. so my timing is all screwed up.

Cush drive is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.