Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K5 1000 rear axle same as K7

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  GSXR2665 
#1 ·
Hi I'm looking to get these Chinese chain adjusters off ebay for my K5 1000 but I only find those to fit a K7.

Does anyone know if the K5-K7 use the same diameter rear axle.

Ok before someone says not to buy Chinese because they wont be accurate, I dont think they'll be much worse than stock and in any case I have a lazer alignment tool for backup.

MAD MOTO Chain Adjuster
MAD MOTO Chain Adjuster with spool SUZUKI GSXR1000 2007 2008 RED / black color | eBay

:cheers

#3 ·
Those Chinese adjusters look suspiciously similar to the original Gilles adjusters, which were removed from the market because of failures. The adjusters, particularly the left side, get surprisingly high forces. The neat-o looking ones are commonly not up to the task and prone to fail. Suggest that you stay with the OEM or the Yoshimura blocks.

#4 ·
Hey Bill thanks for confirming that...I did some research after reading what you wrote and came across quite a few horror stories.

I'll probably just stay with stock, but I saw these and wondered whether you thought they are any better. :cheers

#5 ·
Please do not buy any cheap Chinese shit off eBay.

Support those who support our sport, like MotoMummy, Sportbike Track Gear, HardRacing, and Rider's Discount.

#6 ·
I'm not familiar with those other blocks. I think I've seen that logo before but I'm drawing a blank right now. The way the screw attaches looks somewhat fishy.

If what you're really after is to add some color to the back of the bike you might consider the Suzuki accessory blocks 990A0-65002. They come in three colors. I bought the blue and the gold blocks on ebay years ago for something like a dollar each (no reserve auction with free shipping - I was the only bidder - seller should have known better). I've never used them but checked their dimensions etc. They're machined from billet and are dimensionally very similar to the OEM blocks.

See posts 23 & 24 here.

#7 ·
Thanks again Bill.

The logo looks like Gilles own. Don't know if they're official or knock off.

What I really want is something to make accurate chain adjustment easy without having to measure if the wheel is inline with the front.

If it looks trick then that can't hurt either.

#11 ·
I've been rocking the original Gilles adjusters on my K6 since 2007. No issues with broken frames, bent bolts, etc. :dunno

#13 ·
^The fiche says yes and no. K1-K4 use 61445-40F00 & 61446-40F00. K5-K9 use 61445-40F20 & 61446-40F10. Ron Ayers and CMSNL say that 61446-40F00 replaces 61446-40F10. Pics seem to show the right side as having an additional bump to keep the axle from turning. Don't know what it's about.

#14 ·
There was/is a recall on some axle adjusters, maybe those are the post-recall part numbers?

#15 ·
The recall was for K9-L4 whereas he's talking about K5 parts on a K2 (or vice versa). So I don't think the recall is relevant to either year. The aftermarket might provide some insight. Looking at pics of the axle end for those years might too. Do they use the same part? I'm going to let the OP do some of the research.

BTW, the recall bulletin only discusses the recall parts as a set, in which case that's an additional complication.

#16 · (Edited)
Got a set of oem Suzuki gold blocks for 12$ for a k6 and are the same exact thing as my k2. Only difference I can tell it the nut side block is a little thicker and the lock axle side is a little thinner maybe by 2mm if that? Can't see that hurting anything?
Also I was looking at the fisce and it shows the k2 with a castle nut and also some e8 model or something like that with a washer and plain nut! Wonder why one has a cotter and one has a washer and no cotter on same year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.