Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Could use some Help

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Samantha750 
#1 ·
Hello all,
So I recently bought a 2009 GSXR600, and the previous owner had a two brothers full exhaust system put on as well as a two brothers juice box. Which i did alot of reading on but can find any answers. So heres my issue's. when im idling and rev it it sounds like the exhaust boggs almost. My buddy and i were dabling around with the juice box today after changing the oil on the bike. As we were messing with the juice box with some settings and the bogging almost seemed to go down a little bit, but im going to be completely honest... I have no idea what im exactly doing, just a little knowledge. So what should i do? is there like any Color settings that could work for me? Or if i take the juice box off will it go back to normal settings? Dyno shop and see if they can tune it? im clueless lol so any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Well, all I know about the juice box is that it is supposedly crap. I wouldn't be changing the settings unless you know what you are doing. Yes, if you pull the box, settings go back to stock settings. Whether or not it can be tuned...?? You are going to get a lot of "get rid of the box and buy a reputable exhaust and/or pc."

#3 ·
You are going to get a lot of "get rid of the box and buy a reputable exhaust and/or pc."
I'll be first to tell the OP. Get rid of the box and buy a reputable exhaust and/or pc. :thumbup

I will add. Find a reputable tuner thereafter and have your air/fuel ratios sorted by a professional. Riding your bike around with mods untuned is the quickest way to reduce the engine's longevity. Don't learn the hard way. Blowing and subsequently replacing motors isn't much fun. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: Todd_Sails
#4 ·
Iv had a two brothers shorty exhaust on my 06 gsxr600 before and i loved it, and i do love the two brothers exhaust system. but if i were to take out the juice box, would i be able to run the full exhaust system efficiently and no bogging? and what would you recommend for a power commander?

#6 ·
PC5 should work fine. Don't run the full system without a proper tune. The dyno guy/gal should charge you about $300-$400. Your bike will thank you later.

Another option is to have your ECU flashed and then have the bike tuned. Unfortunately the tuners around the country who can do it right seem to be few and far between. Really can't go wrong with the PC and an authorized tuner. Again, your bike will thank you later. It's one of those things. Once it's done, it's done and then you forget about it.

#13 ·
Yes, with a full exhaust you do need a tune. Until you get a tune, you can find maps for the PC online, might require experimenting to find a map that works best and it may not be a TB map. When the exhaust was changed, the fuel/air ratios became too lean/rich as you move through the power band and a good tune will give you more HP. So you are looking at around $300 for a pc and anywhere from $200-400 for a dyno tune.

Also what do you mean by full system? exhaust and juice box or exhaust without juice box?
Full system pertaining to Two-brothers Cat,headers and exhuast
:scratch

These two statements contradict each other. Full system is a full system whether you have a juice box/pc or not. If I'm reading this right, the cat is still on the bike since it looks like the TB does not have any kind of cat. If that is so, you do not have a full system, is the set valve visible?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.