Crashed Bike - Hello - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Unhappy Crashed Bike - Hello

Well I was new to the Gixxer realm of sportbikes. I ended up getting cut off on a freeway going 65mph and smoked the rear of a Porsche.

My beauty a 09 white/silver GSXR-750 is now in need of repairs. I have scoured the interwebs searching for used parts and thought maybe I could get some leads on OEM parts.

It looks as though everything is only cosmetic and mostly just the fairings, I have driven it since and besides a bent clutch lever, nothing seems out of norm.

-imgur.com/LK53sBO
-imgur.com/fzoYNBU
-imgur.com/s8Lv2SQ
-imgur.com/e8c5CzW

Any help would be appreciated!

Ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage
Re: Crashed Bike - Hello

eBay. Copart. Craigslist.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Squid

I know. I cannot find the silver/white (with red not blue) anywhere...that's why I am asking if anyone has any leads on that specific color.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:25 PM
That's "Mr. Chalet" to you...

Please read forum rules before posting. You must be a paid member to be able to post for sale or WTB ads... and only in the classified subforums. This is a double no-no
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Likes Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR "250"
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftOff View Post
I know. I cannot find the silver/white (with red not blue) anywhere...that's why I am asking if anyone has any leads on that specific color.
Any Suzuki parts distributor. If you're signed up here just to get parts from members, that's not going to happen until you buy a subscription.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:33 PM
Both OG&I admitted we were wrong on 5/13/15

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

marcadamski likes this.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Squid

In before the lock....

But seriously, I am not looking at purchasing from anyone within this site. I just wanted to know if anyone had a lead, like maybe they saw a local ad on craigslist with the same color.....

And I have zero money, my bike was/is my only form of transportation so I cannot afford direct from Suzuki parts....

It would be nice if GSXR enthusiasts could help out another enthusiast... :/ and I have no idea what else could be damaged or even missing from the left side of my bike.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 PM

Well, use the starting line for its intended purpose. Introduce yourself, tell us about your riding background, experience, bikes you've owned in the past.

And MANDATORY - post pics of that poor bike of yours
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Amateur

Garage

You rear ended him? Probably forks. Maybe a wheel. I would test both. Head Bearings don't really like collisions either. It's worth checking while you assessing the damage.
8you4t likes this.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:49 PM

Zero money and crashed RR bike is not a good combination. Likely cheaper than direct from Suzuki might be ronayers.com but not by much. Search, search, search and then more searching and maybe you will get lucky? Otherwise Chinese fairings that you can buy a full set for the price of one panel from Suzuki and they will paint anyway you want.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac1886 View Post
You rear ended him? Probably forks. Maybe a wheel. I would test both. Head Bearings don't really like collisions either. It's worth checking while you assessing the damage.
Neither do frames or steering neck. Likely a few thousand just to verify road worthiness without fixing anything.

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:54 PM

And just as an FYI this is my bike after my 08 crash, estimate to fix was $18,000+

post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Well, use the starting line for its intended purpose. Introduce yourself, tell us about your riding background, experience, bikes you've owned in the past.

And MANDATORY - post pics of that poor bike of yours

Alright.

LiftOff, currently a student in the great state of Texas.
I've been riding for many years have owned the following:

2003 Honda Cbr 600rr
2009 Kawasaki zx6r Monster Edition
2009 Suzuki Gsxr 750 - Current

And I am unable to embed images because of my post count. My bikes color is unique and I am assuming was only sold in Canada as a special edition? Both OEM sites do not sell the colors I am looking at. They are reversed from Americas Silver top and White mid.

Well according to the accident report I did but how it happened it wasn't really a rear hit. I was going about 65mph down a 5 lane highway, a brand new 2017 Porsche decided to split the lanes in a congested area. I tried to swerve out of there as I had zero time to brake. Ended up smoking his right rear end on the corner. I bounced off and pulled over. The Porsche kept on going. I don't think my front collided, the front fender has light scratches and the reflector was half stuck in the porsche.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Neither do frames or steering neck. Likely a few thousand just to verify road worthiness without fixing anything.

What a total load of horseshit. @ChrisLR can eyeball a couple pics of OPs bike and "Verify its integrity". EDIT: Did your helmet take a hit?

Seriously @LiftOff , post a lot of detailed pics from various angles. You'll be amazed what people out here will notice for you. There's a LOT of experience on this forum. Take advantage.
8you4t likes this.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid

If someone can post these images, then everyone can see? -imgur.com/a/89Aa6

I don't believe there is a significant $$$ of damage, although I did calculate the fairings to cost approx $1300 brand new. According to the police the other driver is at fault. As such I should be paid for damages, but they decided to go to court to fight for me being at fault and draw out the process.... Who knows when or if I will ever get money to fix it.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
What a total load of horseshit. @ChrisLR can eyeball a couple pics of OPs bike and "Verify its integrity". EDIT: Did your helmet take a hit?
Not everyone is a pro like ol' Chris and no, helmet never touched the road. Still bought a new helmet...just in case.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftOff View Post
If someone can post these images, then everyone can see? -imgur.com/a/89Aa6

I don't believe there is a significant $$$ of damage, although I did calculate the fairings to cost approx $1300 brand new. According to the police the other driver is at fault. As such I should be paid for damages, but they decided to go to court to fight for me being at fault and draw out the process.... Who knows when or if I will ever get money to fix it.
Texas law would suggest you are at fault since you hit his rear unless witnesses stuck around but since he bolted, that shifts the blame and he should be ticketed with leaving the scene of an accident.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Texas law would suggest you are at fault since you hit his rear unless witnesses stuck around but since he bolted, that shifts the blame and he should be ticketed with leaving the scene of an accident.
There probably would have been witnesses, it was at a split for the highway. Once I saw him take off and I gathered my bearings, I took off after him and flagged him down, of which he then proceeded to try to brake check me as he pulled to the side.

The only thing I have going for me is the police report and an issued ticket for unsafe lane change.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 PM

If you were going 65 mph and didn't even go down, then I'd go out on a limb and assume you didn't tweak your frame or forks. If so, yeah, that's just cosmetic.

And you're one lucky sumbitch... that could have been much worse

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid

@le skid I was amazed that I didn't go down. For about a week my inner leg muscles were sore and I could barely walk. Must have been straddling that tank like a bish to keep her upright.

After the crash I noticed that I scratched my visor and right below on my helmet, must have either hit the car or a fairing piece clipped it? Nothing too severe though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode