LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Motorcycle: 2006 GSXR 600
Re: Hello from the 619!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueshy View Post
No soup for you!

Welcome to the site. I was born in San Diego and have been a lifetime Chargers fan. Pretty bummed they moved.
Thanks.

And same here, born and raised, Charger fan all the way. Sucks, but what can you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
I'd LOVE to get one of those - like a ninja 250, sharper handling and with a little more grunt for a full-sized adult
Yep yep. You said it. KTM even made an RC cup to race those bikes.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
Welcome to GDC!
Post up some pics and we might be able to provide some more insight.
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1001.jpg (66.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0998.jpg (66.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0997.jpg (72.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0999.jpg (74.0 KB, 9 views)
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Expert

Motorcycle: 2011 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konsomeking View Post
Thanks.

And same here, born and raised, Charger fan all the way. Sucks, but what can you do.

I'm pleased the Chargers came to LA . Now I don't have to travel a hundred miles to see the Raiders :arsenal:

Welcome to the site .
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motionelco View Post
I'm pleased the Chargers came to LA . Now I don't have to travel a hundred miles to see the Raiders :arsenal:
Lol, our loss your gain..

I do have to say, raider fans are by far the most dedicated fans I've seen.. not too many fair weathers.

And thanks for the welcome.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

Motorcycle: 2008 SV650S

Quote:
Here you go.
The chain looks pretty rusty was the bike sitting outside for awhile? I'm not as good as ChrisLR so I can't tell if anything is bent by looking, might be a good idea to have a shop inspect it to be sure.

Also keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist as you may be able to find a decent set of used OEM fairings for it. Just my opinion but I don't think they look good naked without some clean up work - for example the exposed overflow bottle looks awkward sitting by the fork.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:40 AM
That's "Mr. Chalet" to you...

Quote:
....? I'm not as good as ChrisLR....
Funny you mention him. He popped into my mind the instant I saw those bar-end mirrors

Quote:
....for example the exposed overflow bottle looks awkward sitting by the fork.
Yeah, that draws attention to itself, not in a good way.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Funny you mention him. He popped into my mind the instant I saw those bar-end mirrors

Yeah it hasn't been the same around here lately...there's clearly a shortage of idiot threads popping up
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

Quote:
The chain looks pretty rusty was the bike sitting outside for awhile?
As I stated before, my dad bought it on faith of a friend, so not really sure. All I know is that I've kept it indoors since I got it.

Quote:
might be a good idea to have a shop inspect it to be sure.
Absolutely, I actually know a mechanic that could help me look into that, but if necessary I'll take it to an actual shop to have it checked out. I'll be bringing it to the states either Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Quote:
Also keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist as you may be able to find a decent set of used OEM fairings for it. Just my opinion but I don't think they look good naked without some clean up work - for example the exposed overflow bottle looks awkward sitting by the fork.
Yes, I will keep an eye out, but for now I want to keep it naked for now with frame sliders or case sliders in the event that I take the mandatory fall that is a "when" rather than an "if". It would be a shame to have all those shiny fairings and have them scratched over a dumb garage or parking lot fall. God forbid, worse..
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
As I stated before, my dad bought it on faith of a friend, so not really sure. All I know is that I've kept it indoors since I got it.

Absolutely, I actually know a mechanic that could help me look into that, but if necessary I'll take it to an actual shop to have it checked out. I'll be bringing it to the states either Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Yes, I will keep an eye out, but for now I want to keep it naked for now with frame sliders or case sliders in the event that I take the mandatory fall that is a "when" rather than an "if". It would be a shame to have all those shiny fairings and have them scratched over a dumb garage or parking lot fall. God forbid, worse..

Copy that, take it slow while you're getting used to it.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Winner

So last Thursday i finally got my bike to the states, pretty uneventful ride. The best part was not having to wait at the border queue. Had the bike inspected by the CHP for stolen parts and then the brake and light inspection, which took longest because I forgot the license brake lights. Rode it around for a good bit of the day, and kinda figured that the speedo was inaccurate because it said I was going 80 when I was just keeping up in traffic. Now I got the plates and will be using it to commute some 4 miles to work and back. I was a surprised at how stable the bike feels at speed compared to a dirtbike.

Two things I did notice:

1)Maybe I'm just being a pussy, but the clutch feels heavy to pull. Could be the awkward angle that it puts on my wrist or I need to work out more.

2)The throttle does not snap back instantly like its supposed to, damn near sticks.

Ill lube up the throttle cables, watched a video of an sv650 that does exactly what mine does and lube was the fix.
For the clutch, I was thinking about changing the whole cable since it looks somewhat worn.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
1)Maybe I'm just being a pussy, but the clutch feels heavy to pull. Could be the awkward angle that it puts on my wrist or I need to work out more.
You should adjust the levers so you're not at an awkward angle - loosen the pinch bolts and rotate the controls to a comfortable position. Sit on the bike upright (as you would when braking hard), and form a straight line with your arms that extends from your shoulders to your fingertips. You want your levers to be right under your fingers in this position. That will help, but if the cable looks worn replace it.

Quote:
2)The throttle does not snap back instantly like its supposed to, damn near sticks.
First make sure the grip isn't rubbing against the switchgear housing. If that's not the case then a little WD-40 might free up the throttle.

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode