Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New to forum and first time Suzuki owner

333 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  oldgixxer 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to introduce myself, since I am a new forum member from Raleigh, NC. I have been riding bikes for over 30 years by now, and I currently have 6 bikes in my stable. I like riding bikes, and I currently own a couple of dirt bikes, touring bikes, and sport bikes. I do favor riding the older bikes, as in 20 years and older, versus the newer generation models. All but one of the bikes I currently own are bikes I liked back in my teenage and young adulthood years. (late 70's to late 90's) I sold my last sport-touring bike about 3 years ago (2011 BMW K1300), which left a void in my life whenever my sport-riding personality surfaced. So, about two weeks ago, I found and purchased, with 6990 miles on the clock, a 1996 GSX-R1100W out of Baltimore. The bike is super clean, almost like new. The last owner, within the last year, installed a new set of Michelin tires, chain, sprockets, slip-on pipes, Keihen 41mm flat-slide carbs, a Zero Gravity screen, and more items, to personalize the bike to his likings. He only rode the bike 400 miles since adding all of the items when he decided to sell the GSX-R to buy a new Hayabusa. I bought the GSX-R for $2.2K, which was a great deal for me. I do need to get new fork seals and a new (I think) alternator, since the battery is not getting charged and the bike is not getting the voltage to operate properly. (She dies after the battery is drained). So, this will run me about another $1k +, but the bike is (to me) a perfect fit, and at a total cost of around $3.5K to get her serviced and back functioning as she should, still a great deal to me. Either way, I am looking forward of getting to know my new ride and the members of this form.

Andy

Bikes in my Stable:

1979 Yamaha XT500
1979 Honda XR500
1985 Moto Guzzi 1000 LeMans IV
1996 BMW R1100RS
1996 Suzuki GSX-R1100W
2015 Kawasaki KLR650

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Helluva nice collection there Andy. Welcome to the site. Hopefully your 1100 just has a minor charging system issue. I'd stop by the Watercooled section of the site for additional tips and tricks for Gixxer. :cheers

Reactions: MedicAndy
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Nice stable of bikes you have there,and that WC 1100 is mint and you got a killer deal on it...just those FCR carbs themselves are $1500+ new:cheers

Reactions: MedicAndy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.