Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New bike =]

748 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  springfall2008 
#1 ·
Just got a new gsxr today =]

Totally stoked.

11,100$ OTD 2016 600.

Dealer told me something interesting though. Just stick with regular oil, don't go to synth? Whaat??

Also, how many people actually took their bike to the first service? I didn't for my last one. Didn't regret the decision really..

#5 ·
Did you do your first service or bring it in?

The only thing that the shop said they did that I wasn't aware of is look over bolts that may need tightening
However this was not in the maintenance book so I'm not sure if they actually do that.
(I was thinking frame bolts or something?)

I did the first service on my last bike no worries so ehh

#7 ·
By the time my bikes hit 500 miles I have already done 3-4 oil changes, and yes, I do all my own service. And yes, checking torque specs on all nuts and bolts is very important on a new bike.

#8 ·
Dealer wants you to bring that bike in for its first service real bad.

If you ask how much the service costs then you will understand why.

You can check all the bolts yourself in like 10 minutes.

I bought a can of YamaLube (spray lubricant) and some bearing grease. Use this stuff when needed for the various lube points on the bike. Bike shouldnt need it very often unless you ride a lot in the rain.

I change over to full syn on first oil change. IMO it makes a big difference in how smoothly the bike shifts.

Keep that chain cleaned and lubed. Every 5-600 miles. I might be overdoing it but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Plus the more often you do it the quicker it goes since there is less gunk on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.