Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

2016 GSXR750 Owner From NY

635 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoMeets 
#1 ·
In an unfortunate turn of events, Triumph just purchased back my '13 Daytona 675R due to mechanical failures. I have been left with no bike for 50+ days, and my season dwindling. Sort of feeling like I have been forced into buying a bike, when I did not expect to, and I have decided on the 750.

These things are crazy on insurance when compared to the Daytona at 750/year full/max coverage.

Top choices were:

1) GSXR 750
2) R3 (Crossed this one off due to repeated poor reviews on the suspension)
3) R1S (A bit more than I wanted to spend, and difficult to choose over the 750 when Suzuki is offering 0% financing)

8 years street riding experience '09 Ninja 650R > '13 Daytona 675R > '16 GSXR 750.

Been to the dragon, did a track day at NYST, but can usually be found around Bear Montain Park, NY in the early morning on weekends.

In addition to riding, I own a website called MotoMeets, in which I aim to provide a platform for motorcycle enthusiasts to connect via attending events or creating their own, and then sharing those events with the motorcycle community nationwide.

Looking forward to becoming a part of the community here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site... Is your website pay to use for free for general consumption?

#5 ·
In an unfortunate turn of events, Triumph just purchased back my '13 Daytona 675R due to mechanical failures. I have been left with no bike for 50+ days, and my season dwindling. Sort of feeling like I have been forced into buying a bike, when I did not expect to, and I have decided on the 750.
Just curious, how are you finding the GSXR 750 compared to the 675R? Comparable performance? What's better, what's worse?

Jason

#7 ·
Well, I just got back from day one on GSXR. Honestly, I am enjoying it more than the Daytona right now.

Comparable performance for me, I think that a lot is dependent on the skill of the rider.

I like the gearing on the GSXR, 2nd gear is so usable from low speed hairpins, to high speed sweepers.

I enjoyed the softer suspension of the GSXR...but then again, I specifically had the Daytona tuned on the hard side.

Brakes on the Daytona were better, but that is full brembo/braided lines.

My GF likes the sound of the Daytona better lol, but hopefully that will change when my Akra slip on arrives.

I was hesitant about the stock tires, but they are performing much better than I expected. I became a tire snob with the Daytona, only riding Pirelli Supercorsa, but the Battleaxe 016s aren't half bad.

I hate that the clutch lever has to be pulled to the bar to start the bike/find neutral. I imagine this is something that can adjusted.

Triumph, bought your bike back from you, b/c of issues with the bike?

??
Yes sir. It spent more than 80 days in the shop (during riding season here in NY), in the last year. I was patient, I gave them 5 attempts to fix the motorcycle. On the last visit, it was in the shop for 5 weeks before I emailed everyone at Triumph...including CEO, CFO, etc. I got a phone call for the buy out offer 2 days later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.