Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New to me 06 GSXR 600

749 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  j30diggs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

New here from SoCal. I have been riding for a decade, and this is actually my second gixxer 600. Love this bike and I will post pictures when I get home. One question that I have as there is one hurdle. I have searched and have not found any solutions. The fast idle on my bike will not disengage. Every time I turn the bike on warm or not, the triangular lever ( not sure how to describe it better) pushes up the fast idle but like twitches. If i turn the bike off I can push the lever down which will disengage the fast idle, however as soon as I turn it on it is re-engaged. The bike si running at ~1900 RPM. Not sure what to look into or how to fix it? Any insight? Also anyone that loves ACH or the snake hit me up!

Edit:

See less See more
#3 ·
The K6 doesn't have a fast idle lever...

The idle is controlled by screws under the airbox on the left side of the bike. Warm idle should be 1,250, cold idle should be 1,700.

#4 ·
The K6 doesn't have a fast idle lever...

The idle is controlled by screws under the airbox on the left side of the bike. Warm idle should be 1,250, cold idle should be 1,700.

Yea I'm not sure how to explain it differently
but the weird shaped piece in the picture is what I'm referring to as a lever. It will engage then just jerk back and forth at the top of engagement. It never disengages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.