Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New member from NY.

497 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TabuSoro 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

Just picked up this k6 liter 2 nights ago.

I'll admit its the first super bike ( if that's what you call it or aka crotch rocket)
I've been riding dirt since age 5, and road a DR650 on the road for the last 3 years and rode multiple friends/roommates bikes of this style over the years, so I'm fairly comfortable on them, just need to get a feel for how this one acts.

Picked the bike up from a 59yr old guy who has 3 others, buddy looked it over and said it was a good deal so I bought it.

So now I'm here, ready to learn and join the community.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys..
I'm pretty active on my truck Forum and try to read all rules and noob threads, Cause I know how people get with noobs not searching and such...

Performance wise I'll never need more this bike is wicked fast enough for me.
Cosmetics wise is what I'm looking forward to, I like to put my personal touch on everything I ride know matter what it is.

#6 ·
Hahaha... no no not me!!!

Use to rock a jeep and adopted the chrome don't get you home mentality.

Spikes are silly, just another way to hurt yourself or others.

Lower, ha I'm 6'3" so no way lower.

Right now I'm researching wind screens, trying to understand how the zero line up affects wind with the several different types they offer..

Also want some type of covers for the threads on the tripple tree, I feel like caps should be there.

Not sure on the rest, I've got a truck I'm trying to finish up and a new to me TL I need some tint and other small stuff for so after that I'm sure I'll do more.

#8 ·
Right on it will check out eBay, thanks for the tip..
I see the double bubble as the most popular, but which one would give the best wind protection for a more relaxed un-tucked riding position.

And yes the tops of the forks, just looks like they should have caps that thread on.. I think it would be a cleaner look.

#12 ·
Appreciate the kind words, I smile everytime I look at the picture of it when I'm not home and grin when I'm riding it hahaha...

I've got a 08 ford diesel I'm getting a full motor build done on, due to a cracked piston.

#14 ·
That bike is super clean. From my experience, the best buys come from old dudes that have a ton of toys laying around. Good find! Looks real pretty...I'm drooling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.