Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Introduction

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  P1ZZA 
#1 ·
Hello members! I'm a new member and I look forward to reading many posts & learning from you experienced riders in the near future. I am a 25yr old recent college grad from Texas, and plan to buy a bike pretty soon. I hope to learn as much as I can before my first purchase. Open to any topic recommendations or advice. Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome mate , this forum is as good as it gets for new riders ... Plenty of helpful folks and lots of good info !!!

Best thing to do is if you have any questions use the search function because more often than not the subject has been discussed:)

Reactions: P1ZZA
#9 ·
Welcome mate , this forum is as good as it gets for new riders ... Plenty of helpful folks and lots of good info !!!

Best thing to do is if you have any questions use the search function because more often than not the subject has been discussed
Thank you 8you4t, I will definitely do some searching before I post any questions. I've read the preliminary rules and stuff for the site and hope to not get any infractions and remain a good standing member for the future to come. Thanks!

#3 ·
If this is going to be your first bike, the best thing you can do it to start small.

Buy a Ninja 300, Yamaha R3, or something similar. Put at least 10,000 miles on one of those, then move up to a supersport.

:thumbup

And be sure to read all the stickies at the top of this section...

:cheers

#7 ·
Thanks Bueshy! I just graduated from Texas State University in the San Marcos, Tx area. I still love me some longhorns though lol. May I ask how much the average price for a track day (or how much it will cost for a couple of track day sessions)? I hear tracks can be an expensive hobby but I understand the value in learning on them. Thank ya!

#6 ·
Thank you Anthony D. Yes it will be my first bike! Im excited no matter what I get. I just really look forward to enjoying the freedom and experience people get from riding. So it's not necessarily "Ride for atleast 3 years or so before upgrading," but more about the mileage and hours? My brother says it will be a piece of cake to learn as I currently drive a manual/standard GT everyday (for the past 7 years). Thanks for the info!

#12 ·
Sorry, but driving a manual car means nothing in comparison to riding a motorcycle.

And yeah, it has nothing to do with years, it has to do witb seat time and experience. Hell, I know guys who do 50k miles per year on their bikes, and others who do 500 miles.

Reactions: TabuSoro
#13 ·
Yeah, unless you meant Ford GT I wouldn't say that your car experience has anything to do with motorcycle experience. Buy a supermoto for your first bike! A DRZ 400 supermoto, if you don't like the little sportbikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.