Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

New guy from Germany

581 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RoccoNJ 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,

I thought I would pop in a do a quick intro. Probably won't be posting much but I'll be lurking hardcore. Just picked up an 06 gsxr 600 for $500 that has been sitting for almost 4 years. A friend just didn't want to deal with it. I have the service manual and a long list of stuff to replace to get it back on the road but I'm not in any hurry because I'll be gone quite a lot this summer (not at home now, in fact). This is my 5th bike. Started out on a Katana and rode it for over a year as a commuter (rain or shine, no car). Picked up a CBR600RR and had it for about 2 years. My dad moved down to my area so I bought a Harley to ride with him and then bought my wife one. Sold them when I moved to Germany. I've had the itch for a while now but I couldn't pass up this deal so here I am. Look forward to reaping the benefits of collective knowledge around here.

-KBOB2000

#10 ·
Here's a couple of absolutely terrible pictures. Apologies, I though opening the doors on my garage would let more light in but it was too late in the day. The story is the guy dropped it, got everything replaced with oem except fairings. Cheap fairings that got Rustoleum Texture black. Doesn't look too bad. Got a big box from Motomummy on the way and ready to get to work.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.