Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Newbie say Hello.

607 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  8you4t 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am new to the Gsxr scene, I had all sorts of bikes in the past, but it's the first time I have a big suzuki, and it's a great machine.
It's a black Gsxr 1000 K7 in mint condition,I bought it a few months ago, and have already ditched the original end cans and cat, and I am in the process of adding an after maeket exhaust and a power commander and other few personal touches.
I am looking forward to being part of the community of this site, and thanks for lots of useful information and advice that I have already taken advantage of.
Cheers
Az

#6 ·
Hi Mate,
To start with, removing the cat made the bike run cooler, I don't feel so much heat coming from the engine anymore, and performance wise it feels quicker, better top end I think; I fitted a delkevic end can, with baffle removed and a K$N filter, I also have a power commander ready to be installed and this should sort out the fueling and I am sure the gains will be noticeable.
Told my insurance and all they said was to mention it next time I insured the bike.
Thanks

#4 ·
Welcome:cheers

#9 ·
Be aware, all downloadable generic maps will run rich on purpose so you don't fry your motor and blame it on their map.

Do the right thing and have the bike custom mapped by a good dyno tuner and you will be very happy.

Reactions: Gsxrmille
#14 ·
A good way to start is to start your own thread in this sectionnof the forum, introducing yourself and telling us about your riding history.

:thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.