Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

neighborhood wrench

844 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Anthony D 
#1 ·
trying to fix the kid next door's 05'gsxr 600; ordered the stator cover & gasket yesterday. It was given to me with the tank off and the wires (R,Y,B) to connection and below the connection the 3 wires are pulled out of I dont know where? I looked at a diagram for a 06' 1000 but it had more wires like 5. So can I get some help with where the red,yellow and ground/black wires go to????? I cant find any wires that have been torn out RB wire from fuse to relay got that but the wires that are pulled loose look like they have been twisted on the end which means it wasnt correct to start. any help would be appreciated its the kids 1st 2 wheeler and the stator cover will be here in 5 days n I'ld like to have the tank on by then

#2 ·
So there are three wires, colored red, yellow and black, going to a connector and on the connector on the other side there are three wires that where torn out, so leading nowhere? What connector are we talking about? Are the unconnected wires the same color? I can't see any 3-wire connector in the wiring diagram having the colors you mention. Please describe the situation in more detail.

#6 ·
This should have gone in the correct section for the bike you are working on.

I will move it for you.

#7 ·
where does the fuel pump wire in to ? I've got this isnt a by the book bike its got all the wiring to the headlights and blinkers taped together, the fuel relay is he's got a 15a fuse going sideway taped in so in wont fall out and a lot more probs. I'm just trying to get him back up,when I volunteered for the job at the neighborhood watch/beer drinkin It looked like It jus needed the stator cover replaced, its on order, Thanks

#11 ·
Yes, those titles are post-dependent, unless you piss off one of the staff members, in which case we get to give you a fancy custom title.

:thumbup

#13 ·
Squid is also a term used to descibe a new, inexperienced motorcycle rider.

:thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.